Procurement Specialist at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Specialization: Procurement/ Purchasing
Industry: NGO / International Agencies
Application Deadline: 25 April, 2015
Job Type: fulltime.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Prepare the annual procurement plans of the project using inputs from project experts;
- Undertake preparation of bidding documents under the Africa Development Bank (AfDB) procurement rules;
- Undertake the tendering and monitoring of a portfolio of contracts in accordance with AfDB procedures;
- Support the bid evaluation process as may be required by the project management;
- Prepare and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Source, select, and negotiate with suppliers for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries, and services;
- Assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors;
- Promote good procurement practices with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards, and whole life costing;
- Participate in negotiation of contract terms on a range of central contracts and monitor performance against these contracts;
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system;
- Execute and monitor all regular purchasing duties;
- Coordinate with end-users and suppliers in the purchasing scope of work for projects assigned;
- Assist in managing and following up overseas orders;
- Handle and monitor claims with vendors for shortages or defective/ missing parts;
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery;
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered on time;
- Plan and manage inventory levels of materials or products;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Required Experience: 5-7 year(s)
Desired Courses: Engineering, Architecture, Procurement, Law, Management, Commerce, Agriculture and finance
Qualification and Experience
- A Postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Architecture, Procurement, Law, Management, Commerce, Agriculture and finance.
- A minimum of six years of project procurement experience, with a minimum of four years in Africa. Procurement experience in an international/multinational financial organization is an advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA website.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.