Purchasing Officer at Transcorp Hilton Abuja (HOT01EUK)
|A Purchasing Officer with Hilton Hotels and Resorts will plan and organize all general procurement items, ensure that the highest quality products are purchased at best price and that orders are placed properly and received in a timely manner.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow’s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
What will I be doing?
· Supervise the purchase of goods and materials required by the hotel in adherence to policy and with cost reduction and profitability in mind. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Plan with Outlet managers and Stores on purchases consistent to Hotel needs and specification.
· Source for supplies/suppliers as per needs, negotiate pricing and purchase goods and ensure delivery in a timely manner.
· Train, supervise and mentor team members to ensure smooth operations and effective cost control.
· Review consignment and deliveries to ensure that products received are consistent with orders.
· Ensure proper documentation, storage/archiving of requisition and purchase documents.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor degree/Higher National Diploma in Accounting, purchasing or related field.
· 3 years cognate experience
· Computer literate with good MS Excel skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Fluent in spoken and written English.
Procurement & Logistics Officers at Dreams Africa Resource Enterprises
- Supervised by the Head of Procurement & Legal, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for all procurement activities for the organization.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on procurement, procedures, and contracts.
- To assist and advise the Head of Procurement & Legal as well as the rest of the organization on all procurement issues.
- To develop, manage and co-ordinate the procurement processes and to be able to use legally established professional and transparent procurement policies.
- To develop, manage and co-ordinate the procurement processes. To manage internal procurement requires and activities.
- To be in charge of the purchase of equipment for the organization, contact suppliers, and research offers and quotations.
- To be able to prepare calls for tender and follow-up procedure and in the management of any type of contracts (service, works, and supplies).
- To provide assistance to the organization members related with all procurement matters.
- To develop professional relations and work in partnership with European Commission in the field of procurement for the mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Relevant Experience
- A Degree in Law, Public or Business Administration or equivalent academic or professional training.
- To have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in legal, administrative and operational aspects of Procurement.
- Experience in using legally established professional and transparent procurement policies and procedures in accordance with European Commission legislation and regulations.
- Experience in financial management of tendering processes and audits, preferably.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2015
Interested candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Procurement Officer at New Star Metal International Limited
- To establish harmonize and maintain appropriate formalized purchasing policies, compliance and procedure across the business.
- To develop a suitable contract database and protocol for ongoing supplier management.
- To work with the business and negotiate contractual arrangements with supplier to ensure that value for money and excellent service levels are maintained.
- To undertake an initial review of the existing purchase ordering process and then implement continuous improvements where necessary to ensure that cost are monitored, reviewed and controlled within budgetary constraints and in line with the organization procedures.
- This position is strictly for OND holders, other qualifications will not be reviewed, however candidates are advised to use job tiltle as a subject of mail or else application will be disqualified.
- OND in any Administrative discipline will be considered and 2 – 5 years working experience in procurement will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Procurement Officer at Godson Nigeria Limited
|Location: Lagos, Ikeja
Experience: 6 months – 2 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Our client, a Manufacturer’s Representatives and trading company is looking to recruit a highly motivated and proactive individual to act as our Operations Manager
- Purchase of raw materials and general inventory management
- Manage the loading and offloading of containers and other cargo
- Project Management for various projects the company will be involved in
- Manage the suppliers and ensure proper quality control
- Ensure all processes and procedures are duly adhered to
- Work with the team to ensure the timely delivery of all deliverables
- Provide detailed operations reports and updates
- Any other duties which may be reasonably required from time to time and which are commensurate with the post.
- Minimum of HND/BSc in related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience preferably in a similar role.
- Applicant must be proactive – be able to anticipate solutions to problems
- Applicant must be solutions driven – resolve issues before or as soon as they occur
- Applicant must be a practical project manager and manage resources efficiently
- Applicant must have good people and team management skills
- Working knowledge of Excel and Office Project
- Knowledge of metals and operations of a factory
PURCHASING OFFICER AT BETA CONSULTANCES SERVICS
Experience: 6 months – 2 years
Education: Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma
- Acquired the various types of raw materials as well as equipment needed from approved suppliers in the market, and negotiate prices with them to the benefit of the company and buy from those who offer good discount packages to the company; and also advise management based on interaction with the various suppliers.
- He/She shall also study the production system of the company so as to purchase raw materials based on usage to avoid waste.
All qualified applicants interested in this position are expected to possess a First Degree/ HND in any course and must be computer literate,
Procurement Officer at Egerton Resource Group of Company
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience : 1 year
- Ensure that the company makes wise purchases of goods or services to resell or use
- Oversee the activities of the department responsible for purchases
- Assign duties to each member of the staff and review the work
- Draw up a plan for the purchase of equipment, services and supplies
- Recruits the right people in his department and trains them in line with the procurement policies of the company
- Supervise staffs effectively when they are adequately versed in the relevant practices, procedures and policies
- Purchase of products and services in the company
- Ensure that the products or services are of high quality, regardless of the price
- Look for interested suppliers and negotiate the best deal for the company
- Maintain good relations with the suppliers and also keep them happy