SENIOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST AT THE WORLD BANK
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 8 years
Job Field: Engineering / Technical Finance / Accounting / Audit Law / Legal Logistics Procurement / Store-Keeping
The Senior Procurement Specialist will:
- Help implement and further develop GGODR activities in Liberia with regard to Public Procurement;
- Work across countries/sectors; be responsible for reviewing and handling the technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement at all stages of the project cycle, including analysis of systemic and other procurement Issues, procurement planning, design, Implementation and management and training.
- Provide operational advice to clients and Bank staff on concepts, policies and procedures for international and local procurement:
- Participate in the country’s procurement assessment, prepare background analysis, collaborate on developing appropriate public procurement legislation and practices and tailor instrument to meet specific client needs:
- Negotiate and resolve difficult procurement issues with Borrower agencies and handle guest ions/complaints from senior officials and contractors on bidding and award issues;
- MAIMS (An advanced degree with a major in relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Law, Procurement, Finance, Business or Commerce).
- 8 years state-of- the-art knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices which govern international procurement, the contracting of consultants services, technical specifications in design, engineering and construction of facilities, the development of public procurement policies. etc.
- Seasoned knowledge and specialized command of all major facets of Bank procurement policies and practices as applied across a wide range of Bank lending operational at all phases of the project cycle, and ability to address broader issues at sector/country level;
- In-depth understanding of Bank operational policies and practices related to projects/sector work:
- Knowledge of developing country conditions generally and of procurement-related legislation, systems and practices;
- Good understanding of critical linkages and relationships among clients’ business drivers, business operations and objectives and Procurement processes;
Method of Application
For the full position description and complete selection criteria and required competencies, qualified candidates are requested to submit an on-line application at www.worldbank.org/careers
Click on > Current job openings > Job Type > Professional & Technical > Job Family > Procurement > Job # 150797
The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with
disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is May 14, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 7 years
Job Field: Procurement / Store-Keeping
The procurement manager is needed to be responsible for ensuring the company takes strategic and value for money decisions when purchasing any goods and service. The office holder will be reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Coordinates the process for purchasing goods and services within the organization as well as manage all vendors, suppliers and service provider
- Create a purchasing document to be adapted by all heads of department and stake holders
- Carry our market analysis and survey to secure value for money services at all time
- Take charge of all bidding, negotiation and procurement process
- Constantly evaluate all potential suppliers as well as evaluate existing vendors to maintain high standard of service
- Maintain and review all records of purchased goods, including their costs, deliveries and inventories
- Take the lead in ensuring that the procurement department maintains updated data such as information about suppliers’ products and prices
- Candidates to be considered must have a first degree in social sciences, marketing and other related courses, candidates must also have a second degree in management, an MBA or similar qualifications.
- The ideal candidate must have 7-9 years’ experience in similar role and two years in senior management.
- The successful candidate must be able to prove good negotiating and analytics skills as well as excellent communication skills.
Method of Application
Candidates that meet the above specification should please forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ preferred job title as the title of the application (incorrect title will not be opened). Application closes 15th May, 2015.
Only experienced and qualified candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an interview.
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST AT AN INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION – NERI NIGERIA
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
Job Field: Logistics , Procurement / Store-Keeping
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for assisting with all facets of the day-to-day procurement requirements for a busy international development office. The scope of the position includes but is not limited to completing procurement-related paperwork, collecting quotations for goods and services, entering procurement information into the project database, managing inventory and conducting spot checks, completing inventory receipts and preparing payment requests. This position will be based in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Procurement Specialist reports to the Procurement Director.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Apply procurement and cost-competition principles and bids received for goods and services.
- Ensure appropriate procurement actions and checks and balances for all procurement –related functions
- In coordination with the Procurement Officer and Procurement Director, procure goods and services for program and operational functions.
- Maintain and ensure compliance to developed procurement systems
- Supply goods and services to project sites in compliance with project requirements
- Ensure up-to-date and complete procurement files for all vendors for both operational and procurement supplies
- In coordination with the Procurement Officer and Procurement Director, ensure that all goods and service procurement actions conform to internationally accepted procurement best practices and Nigerian law
- Assist in regular procurement system audits and regularly review and verify market prices for standard items
- Assist Finance staff with the budget reviews and monitoring against expenditures
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree is required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in procurement/logistics including contracts and service agreements
- Thorough knowledge of internationally accepted procurement best practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff and vendors is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents before 8th May, 2015:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
Please reference the job title on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
To the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.