PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS SPECIALIST – AIRCRAFT DAMAGE CLAIMS at EMIRATES AIRLINE
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Salary: Attractive tax free salary
Closes 14 Aug 2015
Sector: Aircraft, Business & Administration, Freight, Cargo & Logistics, Quality Control & Assurance
Job Role: Controller, Office
Contract Type Permanent
Hours: Full Time
To supervise and support a team of professionals to ensure best possible Customer Relationship Management and Supplier Relationship Management practices are put into place during the third party aircraft damage claims process.
- Provide support to VP Procurement & Logistics in the implementation of agreed strategies to achieve the highest possible recovery of costs incurred following incidents of aircraft damage.
- Ensure all third party aircraft damage claims get a thorough review and provide a solid justification if monetary settlement is not sought for all damages.
- Review new damage claims and discuss settlement strategy, considering the claim amount, the supplier relationship and the impact to operations.
- Review status of settlements in progress and provide guidance to the Claims Committee, as required.
- Quarterly, review reports on third party damage costs vs. settlements to ensure the Group recovers the expense incurred.
- Consult other Group Support departments, e.g. Group Legal, Insurance, etc. and provide committee agreed course of action in highly contentious/expensive claims.
- Facilitate decisions when to issue a release to suppliers such that interests of internal and external parties, including the Group’s insurers is protected.
- Sign-off on claim settlements.
- Review our current contractual terms and ensure that they are at the leading edge of the industry whilst ensuring that the Group’s interests are fully protected.
- Manage the relationship with the loss adjusters representing third parties.
- Generate/review activity and performance reports in order to ensure that the section is functioning efficiently and identify to VP P&L Manager, areas where their intervention may be required.
Qualifications & Experience
- The job holder should be University Graduate in Business Admin or Commerce and preferred to have CIPS Qualified.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience with aircraft damage or insurance claims and leading negotiations at a senior level in a dynamic environment.
- The job holder must have a proven track record of supplier relationship management, evaluation and negotiation.
- Also must have strong organisational and line management skills.
- The job holder will often be required to influence the decision making process of line departments. To do so effectively, the job holder must have strong interpersonal skills, experience and confidence to adequately deal with senior personnel.
- Safety Sensitive Role: No
Salary and Benefits
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave, health care packages, accommodation and more.
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 55,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.
Please submit your application before 14-Aug-15, 23:59 (+4 GMT)
PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONALS AT SPENCER OGDEN
|Desired Expertise:||Logistics Management, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management|
|Minimum Education:||Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Salaried Employee|
We are looking to speak to procurement/purchasing/buying professionals for up and coming positions that we have available.
LOGISTICS/PROCUREMENT MANAGER AT ADEXEN HR CONSULTING NIGERIA
Experience : 10 years