Project Planning and Procurement Manager at Rhoda Offshore Support Services Limited
Experience : 5 years
- The position is managerial and independent of daily supervision from line manager. This means that the position holder will plan and execute the tasks, and day to day work on an independent basis.
- Actively pursue the development and implementation of planning & procurement practices, standards and forms to meet the objectives of the Company
- Acquire supplier market knowledge and maintain supplier relations as required
- Plan, organize, direct and control the contracting and procurement function
- Responsible for the management of procurement activities such as purchasing, expediting, logistics and material handling
- Develop and implement contracting and procurement strategy
- Implementing client contract requirements and ensure flow downs into contracting plan and procurement strategy
- Provide regular status and progress reporting (Procurement Milestone Plan, etc.)
- Manage a team of purchasers, expeditors, contract administrators and logistics coordinators on contracting and procurement activities, including but not limited to sourcing, bidding, evaluation, expediting, etc
- Perform contracting and procurement duties including key responsibility for negotiations
- Maintain total responsibility for the complete planning and procurement function and reports operationally to Project Management and General Operations Management and functionally to SVP Supply Chain
- Contribute ideas for improvement of best practices
- Liaise with other internal stakeholders (Finance, Legal, Business Development, Estimating, Engineering, Operations Manager, General Operations Management, etc.)
- Establish service and frame agreements in Nigeria
- Other duties as assigned
- A good university degree or its equivalent
- Age range: 26 – 43 years
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in oil and gas facilities, pipeline engineering, building construction and project management
- Track record in the planning, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and operation of an offshore oil/gas pipeline (plus associated risers, platforms, end facilities etc) in water depth of not less than fifty (50) meters
- Ability to develop and work with project plans and schedules including associated cost profiles
- Understanding of project reporting requirements of various stakeholders and ability to generate the same
Contracts/Procurement Manager at Sappier Group
Experience : 2 years
- Take on high level development and implementation projects in relation to contracting & procurement practices & standards.
- Acquire and maintain expert supplier market knowledge, to develop the company’s strategy and develop new/manage existing relationships.
- Manage all aspects of the companies contracting and procurement function, including activities such as Purchasing, Expediting, Logistics & Material Handling (including team management).
- Take the lead in managing the contracting and procurement function, reporting to Project Management, General Operations Management and the Senior VP of Supply Chain.
- Provide knowledge and advice to contribute ideas for improvement of best practices.
- Establish service and frame agreements across Nigeria.
- Hold a Degree in a relevant subject (or equivalent).
- Extensive experience in contracting and procurement is essential.
- Any exposure to the FPSO market would be a distinct advantage.