Logistics and Procurement Manager at Danish Refugee Council
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than twenty five countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The protection and assistance to conflict affected population is provided within a long-term, regional and rights-based approach in order to constitute a coherent and effective response to the challenges posed by today’s conflicts. Assistance consists of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation, support to return and repatriation as well as promotion of long-term solutions to displacement and its causes. In addition, support and capacity building of local and national authorities and NGOs form an integral part of DRC’s work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics and Procurement Manager – Nigeria
Job ID: #1239821
- The Logistics and Procurement manager has the overall technical responsibility for the timely and effective Procurement and Logistical support required for the implementation of DRC/DDG project and support services in Nigeria.
- This includes assistance in providing technical support and planning support to future initiatives to increase the in-country logistics capacity.
- The Logistics and Procurement manager is responsible for planning, organizing, supervising the implementation, and reporting of all logistics activities for the mission.
- Based on mission program needs and with respect to DRC/DDG logistics and procurement policies and procedures, the Logistician and Procurement manager sets the objectives for the different mission logistics department in the country within the projected time frame and budget and works towards their implementation.
- The Logistics and Procurement manager will supervise advice and coordinate the Procurement and Logistics team in Somalia, and support the staff in terms of set-up and knowledge of procedures, assessing training needs for all Procurement and Logistics staff and to organize the provision of required training.
Roles and Responsibilities
Planning and Operation:
- Implement sustainable and robust procurement and logistics systems for the efficient and effective delivery of operations in the area of operations following DRC/DDG’s operational handbook
- Ensure the timely implementation of recommendations and improvements indicated by the Country Director, or requested by the Region or Head of Offices
- Develop procurement plans in collaboration with the Project Managers and HoFA
- Ensure efficient and timely ordering of all items procured to ensure timely access to necessary goods and services for the area of operation, including through delivery to point of distribution as necessary
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements, rules and regulations relating to logistics, particularly in relation to local procurement and anti-corruption measures
- Liaise with the Head of Office, Region Office and other managers in the area of operations on all logistics issues to ensure that all bottlenecks to delivery are overcome
- Represent DRC at Logistics Working Group in area of operations or Abuja and be and active actor
- Ensure that all suppliers and service providers conform with the Code of Ethics
- Ensure that all contract payments are processed in a timely manner
- Ensure that the asset register and inventory items for the Area of Operations are up-to-date at all times
- Ensure that the warehouses in the area of operations are operated in an effective and efficient manner, with timely disbursement of materials as requested
- Support the finance admin department in updating inventory lists for donor reports in time
- Ensure that the fleet management requirements are actioned on a monthly basis
- Provide input for project proposals and budgets as requested
- Ensure that Field Office costs for the office compound are optimised and communicated effectively to the Country Director and HoFA, including suggestions for changes
- Build procurement and logistics capacity with the Logistics Team in Nigeria
- Ensure that all relevant non-logistics staff (particularly including programme and finance staff) are trained on logistics procedures
- Ensure that all new staff in area of operations have received a comprehensive logistics briefing on arrival
- Ensure that the organisations’ security, financial and human resources policies and practices are implemented in relation to all logistics department staff and activities in area of operations
- Support all program activities in logistics related functions (such as construction, in-kind distribution or cash distribution etc…)
- Organisation, administration and personnel management
- Overall responsibility for the management of the procurement and logistics team in area of operations,
- Oversee the observance of the DRC/DDG Code of Conduct within the procurement and logistics department, ensure that logistics staff fully understand what corruption is and are trained at least once a year on the detail of the Code of Conduct and anti-corruption measures
- Ensure that all suppliers and logistics staff are aware of the procedures to whistle-blow for corruption and other breaches of the Code of Conduct
- Ensure that all suspicions and allegations of corruption are reported to the Head of Office immediately, unless the Head of Office is alleged to be involved, in which case suspicions and allegations should be reported to the country director
- Ensure that the terms of employment for logistic national staff are enforced and that disciplinary issues are dealt with quickly and fairly
- Ensure that a training and professional development plan is developed for all staff in the logistics team including drivers.
- Responsible to ensure that all procurement & logistics is conducted in accordance with the DRC/DDG’s Operations Handbook Chapters 16, 17 and 18, (Procurement, Vehicles and Warehousing)
- Responsible to ensure that recommendations for improvements (e.g. from audits) are implemented in a timely manner
- Responsible to ensure that all allegations of breaches of the Code of Conduct by staff reporting to the logistics and procurement Manager are reported and with the support of the Team Leader and Safety Advisor, investigated and concluded swiftly.
- The post holder reports to the Country Director of Nigeria. The Logistics and procurement Manager will supervise Procurement & Logistics staff based in the country.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or extensive experience can substitute qualification
- Minimum 5 years of logistics, procurement and supply chain experience gained in developing countries
- At least 3 years of international experience with INGOs, preferably with 1 year experience with DRC/DDG
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and in writing
- Fluent in English
- Excellent inter-personal skills and proven ability to negotiate with a wide range of people (internally and externally)
- Strong team player
- Ability to adapt to the complex and stressful working conditions of the area of operations
- We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of age, nationality, race, gender or age.
- Availability: As soon as possible, 01st. December 2015
- Duty station: Yola, with frequent travel in Abuja, Adamawa and Borno States
- Contract: One year with a possibility of extension, subject to funding.
Salary and other Conditions
The position will be placed at salary level A10.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2015.
Procurement Assistant Job at May & Baker Nigeria Plc
May & Baker Nigeria Plc – We are committed to applying our resources and science to improve the quality of life. We provide quality and affordable medicines, food and beverages to those who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the position of: Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Lagos, Ikeja
Type: Full Time
Department: Planning & Procurement
- Reporting to the Head, Planning & Procurement, incumbent will be expected to assist in the procurement of assigned items at competitive prices.
- Applicants must possess an OND in relevant discipline with at least one (1) year purchasing experience.
Deadline 11 November 2015
Procurement Manager at Greatview Nigeria Limited
Greatview Nigeria Limited specialises in providing good quality and cost effective services in Civil Engineering, Infrastructural Design, Environmental Impact Assessment Services, Construction and Construction management, Marine Construction, Renewable Energy and Solar technology as well as Consultancy Services in relation to these different fields. This is achieved by the application and mixture of synergies of our various alliances and the best blend of available engineering business, social or developmental needs.
We provide a wide range of environmental impact assessment services required in the different stages of Integrated Environmental Management (IEM); from Research and Assessment, to Planning, and Implementation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Company supply chain organization transformational needs, including procurement process, procurement performance and compliance measurements.
- Draft Procurement procedure, processes and update existing procurement policy.
- Responsible for managing the process maps, procedure and documentation on strategic, operational and transactional procurement processes.
- Coordinate the establishment of strategies for all contracts-Coordinate vendor relation management
- Maintain a sound controls framework and ensure compliance with Contracting & Procurement procedures in contracting activities; provide practical and timely procedural advice to customers.
- Support and Communicate effectively with the various Project Managers, Internal and JV Partners to ensure processes are correctly implemented.
- Coordinate the implementation of Procurement ERP and its Integration with Finance Module.
- Contribute to continuous improvement against the contracting process key performance indicators.
- Develop and report KPIs for the Contracting section.
- Promote best practices in contract management and professional management of contracts and contractors and champion the implementation of the Contract Management System
- Contract management and negotiation
- Working experience of vendor management software
- Working with suppliers to ensure that key processes are running efficiently and cost-effectively
- Building strong working relationships both internally and with key suppliers
- Contract management and negotiation
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Getting goods and services for the best price and value
- Cutting any waste and unnecessary costs to create a streamlined process and fast production
- Minimum 2 to 3 years work experience in an Oil and gas upstream company.
- Expertise in MS Applications
- People Management and Leadership
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or related sciences.
Deadline 30th December 2015