University of Benin
Benin City, Nigeria
Re: Invitation to Tender for Centre of Excellence in Reproductive Health and Research Innovation (CERH) Building at the University of Benin;
A World Bank Sponsored Project
Sequel to the earlier publication of the Vanguard Newspapers of 5th October, 2015 in respect of the above-named building project, notice is hereby given that:
(1) Deadline of Submission: The Tender Documents shall now be submitted on or before 12.00 noon on Monday, 16th November, 2015 instead of the 15th November, 2015 as it fell on a Sunday,
(2) Opening of Tender Documents: The Commercial Bids shall be opened on Monday, 16th November, 2015 immediately after 12.00 noon at the Senate Chambers of the University of Benin.
All bidders and all other invitees as earlier advertised are to note and attend please.
The inconvenience caused by this arrangement is regretted.
- A. Oshodin (Mrs.)
Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Plc
Invitation for Prequalification as Insurance underwriter/Broker
In preparation for the renewal of all its Insurance Policies for year 2015, The Nigerian Security Printing & Minting, Plc. hereby invites proposals from interested reputable Insurance companies and Brokers that wish to participate in Underwriting and Management of its Insurance policies as follows:
The Policies include;
(1) Fire & Special Perils
(2) Consequential Loss on Fire
(3) Commercial Vehicles
(4) Group Personnel accident
(5) Fidelity Guarantee
(6) Workmen Compensation
(8) Private Motors
(9) Group Life
(11) Machine Breakdown
Criteria for Appointment;
Part of mandatory requirements includes submission of copies of the following;
(i) Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
(ii) NAICOM approval/Registration to operate
(iii) Evidence of valid reinsurance arrangement for classes of business applied for.
(iv) Evidence of payment of Taxes as at when due (i.e. Tax Clearance).
(v) Evidence of certified three (3) years published Audited Accounts (2010, 2011 and 2012) certified by NAICOM.
(vi) Evidence of VAT Registration and remittances.
(vii) Evidence of compliance with (PENCOM) Pension Reform Act.
(viii) Evidence of meeting solvency requirements as prescribed by Insurance Act, 2003.
(ix) Evidence of current membership of the Nigerian Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB) (for Brokers).
(x) Evidence of current membership of Nigerian Insurers Association.
(xi) Certified true copy of three (3) years Company’s Annual Returns to CAC.
(xii) Evidence of ITF Registration and Remittances.
(viii) Evidence of NSITF Registration.
(xiv) PAYE and Evidence of Remittances.
(xv) Comprehensive Company Profile including ownership Structure,
Management Team, Technical/Other Staff, registered Addresses, Other contact Details.
(xvi) Evidence of Technical Competence and Relevant Experiences in Similar Projects.
(xvii) Evidence of Financial Capacity and Banking Support.
(xiii) A Statement of Declaration or Affidavit attesting to the fact that none of the bidder’s company Directors/Principal Officers has ever been convicted for any criminal offences/confirmation of Legal Capacity to enter contract.
(xix) Evidence of current and adequate professional indemnity cover (for Brokers).
(xx) A Sworn affidavit certifying that the documents submitted for pre-qualification exercise are not only genuine but correct.
- Failure to comply with above requirements would automatically result in disqualification.
- NSPM Plc. reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claim on the document submitted with CAC, NAICOM or relevant bodies.
- NSPM Plc. reserves the right to reject any submission that does not meet the criteria without giving any reason to the bidder.
- NSPM Plc. is neither committed nor obliged to consider any bidder or to award the contract to any of the prospective bidders.
- NSPM Plc. will only correspond with the underwriters/Brokers that are successful in their bids submission.
- NSPM Plc. will only correspond with duly authorised officers of the successful bidders and not agents or persons acting on their behalf.
Submission of Bid Documents:
Only one original copy is to be submitted. The names and mailing addresses of the applicant companies must be clearly marked on the envelope(s) bearing the submission. All the information must be provided in English Language by all applicants.
Applications/Proposals should be addressed to Managing Director/Chief Executive and must be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked “Application For Appointment as Insurance Underwriter/Broker” (with a non- refundable fee of N20,000.00 in Bank draft drawn in favour of the Nigerian Security Printing & Minting Plc.) delivered by hand and dropped in the designated box in room 09 first floor, Nigeria Security Printing & Minting Plc., 160 Samuel Ladoke Akintola Boulevard, Garki Abuja” on or before 12 noon, Thursday, 26th November, 2015
Opening of Submission;
Opening of submission will be at 3pm on 26th November, 2015 in room 06, 2nd Floor NSPM Plc., 160 Samuel Ladoke Akintola Boulevard, Garki, Abuja.
Specific Procurement Notice
Invitation for Bids
National Competitive Bidding (NCB)
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Kaduna State Government
HIV/AIDS Program Development Project – II (HPDP II)
Date of Issuing: 12th November, 2015
(1) The Kaduna State Government has received a credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of HIV/AIDS Program Development Project – II, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for the Procurement of Test Kits, Contract No.. KADSACA/HPDP II/GOODS/NCB/01/15.
(2) The Kaduna State Second HIV/AIDS Program Development Project (HPDP II), now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Procurement of Test Kits.
|Category||Description||Qty||Delivery Period||Bid Security||Delivery/Location|
|HIV Diagnostics Test kits|
|Lot1||Screening Test (1st LINE)||154,780||60 days||At least
|Kaduna Stats Medical Stores, Kakuri Kaduna,|
|Lot 2||Confirmatory Test (2nd LINE)||14,325||60 days||At least
|Kaduna State Medical Stores, Kakuri Kaduna.|
|Lot 3||Tie Breaker (3rd LINE)||1.433||60 days||At least 2.5%||Kaduna State Medical Stores, Kakuri Kaduna.|
(3) Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines; Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and are open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
(4) Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from, The Project Manager, HIV/AIDS Program Development Project – HPDP- II, Kaduna State AIDS Control Agency No. 20 Katuru Road Unguwan Sarki, Kaduna.
(5) Qualifications requirements include: Evidence of Registration with Cooperate Affairs, Manufacturer Authorization, Power of Attorney Warranty Period, Evidence of experience in similar project executed, Audited Financial Statement and Tax Clearance. A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domestically “shall not” be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
(6) A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non -refundable fee of N20, 000 only in a freely convertible currency and in form of cash or Bank Draft payable to the Kaduna State HIV/AIDS Program Development Project (HPDP II). The Bidding Documents after completion should be delivered directly in the Bid Box.
(7) Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 11am on 22nd December, 2015 in the Bid Box. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend in person at the address below at12.00noon on Tuesday 22nd December, 2015.
All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security’’ not less than 2.5% of Bid Price.
(8) The address referred to above is: The Executive Secretary, Attention:
HIV/AIDS Program Development Project II,
Kaduna State AIDS Control Agency Office,
No. 20 Katuru Road Unguwan Sarki, Kaduna.
Joint Request for Qualifications and Request For Proposal for Project ‘Light up Kwara’ (LUK) – Independent Power Plant (IPP) Project
Kwara State has a population of approximately 3 million people, and limited power to satisfy its governance, social obligations, residents’ households, business and industrial needs. As part of its obligation, the Kwara State Government (“KWSG”) aims to improve standards of living and facilitate economic value addition; none of which would be cost effective, sustainable or even possible without affordable and stable power.
Project Light Up Kwara (“LUK”) is therefore the KWSG’s program to the address the power shortages through the delivery of independent power of a minimum 100 mega watt (MW) through any viable fuel source, under a Joint Venture(“JV”) or Build-Own-Operate(“BOO”) structure.
Consequently, the KWSG, via its Public Private Partnership (PPP) Bureau (herein “KP3 Bureau”) seeks partnership with power developers of various kinds to meet power shortages through the availability and operations of Independent Power Plants (“IPPs”) in Kwara State (“Kwara”).
This is an open Request for Proposal (“RFP”) wherein the KP3 Bureau is soliciting joint commercial and technical proposals, including qualifications statement (the “Proposal”), from qualified firms and consortium that are willing and capable to deliver the solutions from project development all the way through to power availability to the end user(s). Responses to this RFP will be written proposals from qualified firms and consortia that may include subcontractors under the proposed partnership.
(2) Background Summary
Businesses domiciled in and residents of Kwara State require about 500 Mega Watts (MW) installed capacity to meet existing electricity power requirement from the present 6,000MW national installed generating capacity. Based on projections from the Road Map to Power Sector Reform 2010 and recently, projections from the Power Advisory Team, it has become increasingly clearer that a joint participation by the public and private sectors would be required if Nigeria is to achieve the target generation by 2018.
Given the lead-time necessary to develop power infrastructure projects, KP3 Bureau finds it imperative to solicit for full cycle partnerships from capable firms and consortia to agree under bankable terms, the modalities for delivery the necessary power assets and services. It is to commence the initial feasibility study leading to the eventual development and improvement of current generation capacity.
(3) Submissions Process
The submissions process will be conducted in 3 steps, such that only firms/consortia shortlisted after the evaluation of the preceding step will be allowed to move forward to the next.
(4) Next Steps
Interested Firm(s)/Consortium (ia) should review the full Joint RFP/RFQ on the project page on the KP3 Bureau website (at www.kwarappp.gov.ng/open-bids.html) for further details on Proposed Scope of Development and the submission requirements.
The final deadline for Step 1 submissions is 4:00 PM on Thursday 26th of November, 2015. Only complete proposals submitted by the stipulated deadline shall be evaluated.
Request for Expression of Interest for Solar Street Lightening of Identified Locations Within Ilorin Metropolis and Major Local Government Areas Axis of Kwara State
(1) Introduction and Background
Kwara State is rapidly growing not only in population but also in economic activities. This growth goes hand in hand with the development of required infrastructure such as roads and street lights to facilitate movement and circulation within the State and also to other parts of the country. In addition to ensuring the security of lives and property of its citizens, development of these infrastructures will also make different businesses viable and productive hence contributing to the improvement of living standards of the citizens of Kwara State.
Whilst the State is making tremendous effort in improving road network, it is the intention of the Kwara State Government to make the streetlight sub sector developed and self-sustaining through improvement of its management especially by using the energy efficient methods.
Given the above context, the KWSG, via its Public Private Partnership (PPP) Bureau (herein “KP3 Bureau”) invites Expression of Interest from private companies for the concession and the operation and maintenance of its streetlight infrastructure (existing and new assets) via a Public Private Partnership Model.
(2) Current Status
The State is evidently under-lit. Taking the Ilorin metropolis as an example, of the 26 major roads networks with streetlights assets covering 74.2 km, assets covering only 21.6 km (29.1%) are working partially or satisfactorily. Most of the areas outside the Ilorin Metropolis are worse lit.
Taking this further, a thorough environmental scan was conducted to determine the number of functioning and non-functioning poles, identify new locations where street lights are to be deployed, existing street lights poles, most effective model of sustainability of asset etc.
The outcome of the environmental scan was the development of a Street light PPP Concept Note and the conclusion for the project to be implemented through a 2-step Concession: (Finance-Build/Renovate & Operation and Management).
(3) Proposed Scope of Development
KWSG’s preferred solution is a solar-powered street lighting system. The choice of solar energy for this project is based on long term outlook for the sake of the environment and the future budgetary impacts.
(4) Next Steps
Interested Firm(s)/Consortium (ia) should review the full EOI on the project page on the KP3 Bureau website (at www.kwarappp.gov.ng/open-bids.html) for further details on Proposed Scope of Development and the submission requirements.
The final deadline for Step 1 submissions no later than Thursday 26th of November, 2015. Only complete proposals submitted by the stipulated deadline shall be evaluated.
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Request for Expression of Interest (EoI) for Rapidsms Consultant
Reference: EOI-NGR-2015-008 RapidSMS Consultant
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Nigeria, is looking for a consultant for the following services.
RapidSMS is already operational in Nigeria, and is delivering information and facilitating the qualitative, timely, reliable, and retrieval of data for decision making. Major tasks to be accomplished;
- Create an output platform that generates graphs and schematic representation of data collected for all applications. Document and test new software additions to the RapidSMS system and uploading them to github including color coding features.
- Create a separate Django management/manager’s platform that allows an administrator to view, monitor and manage data (flush error reports) routinely.
- Maintain production and staging servers of RapidSMS in both Amazon’s EC2 as well as Nigeria specific server for the Nigerian deployments. Provide a disaster recovery plan and routine backup strategy for the application code and database
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
It would be advantageous if the Organization had expertise in the following areas.
- Django or extensive experience with a framework such as (Cheetah, Camping, Rails)
Mandatory Requirements for Prequalification
- A registered ICT firm with specialty in working with RapidSMS/RapidPro Evidence of registration with CAC and other statutory body
- Evidence of similar success work experience of not less than Three (3) years.
- Profile of key management team member
Submission of Request to Prequalify
Companies that are interested are encouraged to visit our website http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/supply.htmlto download/print the Supply Profile Form (SPF). The completed SPF should be submitted with a) copy of certificate of incorporation, and registration; b) copy of documents to support prequalification process as given in “Mandatory requirements”. This has to include, at least, the references of recent RapidSMS creation contracts delivered.
Queries and/or submissions should be sent to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , not later than 20thNovember, 2015, Noon. Please quote “EOI-NGR-2015-008RapidSMS Consultant” as subject in your correspondence.
This EOI does not constitute a Solicitation. We do not require bids or proposals at this stage; we merely seek your expression of interest in participating in the tender. A response to this Invitation for Prequalification does not automatically ensure that you will be selected to participate in the tender.
UNICEF reserves the right to Change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. UNICEF reserves the right to require compliance with additional conditions as and when issuing the final tender document.
Northern Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
Expression of Interest (EOI)
The Northern Education Initiative Plus(NEI+) is seeking Expressions of Interest (EoI) from qualified IT vendors for the purchase of computers and other IT equipment. Details of the computers and the other IT equipment will be explicitly stated in the RFQ.
Method of Application
All interested vendors should please send in their Expression of Interest to: email@example.com on or before the 15th November, 2015 by 5 pm.
Only interested vendors who indicate their expression of interest will receive a copy of the Request for Quotation (RFQ). Qualified IT vendors must be able to immediately supply materials, provide genuine parts and licenses, and accept all terms and conditions in the RFQ. All completed and duly signed forms must be returned to the same email address no later than 20th November 2015 by 5 PM.
Crown Agents Nigeria Limited
Invitation for Expression of Interest for the Provision of Civil Works Comprising Site Preparation and Foundation Works in Preparation for the Provision of Solar Power Plants at 40 Primary Healthcare Centers in Kaduna State
Crown Agents Limited, acting as agents for The Department for International Development (DFID) of the UK Government, has been asked to carry out the procurement of Civil Works to establish solar power plants at Primary Healthcare centres in Kaduna State.
As such, applications are invited from suitably qualified organisations able to offer the Works listed below, at up to 40 Primary Healthcare centres in Kaduna State, The 40 Sites will be split into 3 Lots and bidders may quote for any or all of the Lots which will be specified in the Invitation for Bids documentation.
The Civil Works comprise the following:
- Site Surveys – Geotechnical
- Site Surveys – Earthing Test
- Review and Finalise Foundation Designs
- Clear and Prepare Sites for foundations and landscaping
- Construct Foundations
- Landscape Site, including interlocking brickwork around foundations
Interested candidates should apply to Crown Agents Nigeria Limited for access to the Invitation for Bids documentation or download the documentation under: www.crownagents.com/supptiers/dfid Kaduna Solar Civil Contractor
It will be mandatory that bidders will, at their own expense, arrange and undertake visits to each of the sites during the period from 16th November to 27th November 2015. Details for arranging such visits can be found within the Invitation for Bids.
Completed Bids must be delivered to the address below by 1:00pm 4th December 2015. Two copies should be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “CA/DFID-Kaduna Solar Civil Lots 1-3” (as applicable).
Crown Agents Nigeria LTD
44 Durban Street
Off Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent
Jigawa State Government
State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB)
(No. 3, Olusegun Obasanjo Way, Dutse, Jigawa State)
Invitation to Tender
(Technical and Financial)
(1) The Jigawa State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), Dutse, invites tender from interested bidders to participate in the procurement of Works and Goods under the UBEC/SUBEB 3rd , 4thquarter, 2013 Intervention Projects.
(2) The projects comprises of New Classroom Constructions, Renovations of Classrooms, Supply and Distribution of teachers, pupils’ furniture for ECCDE, Primary and JSS across the State.
(4) Interested bidders must provide the following:
(1) Evidence of advertisement/invitation for prequalification
(2) Prequalification documents which include:-
- Evidence of incorporation/business name registration.
- Certified true copy of Memorandum and Article of Association.
- Registration with State Works Registration Board.
- Company Audited Account for last one year.
- Tax clearance for last three years.
- Evidence of financial capability and ban king support.
- Technical qualification and experience of key personnel.
- Evidence of similar project executed (at least three).
- List of equipment and technical capacity.
- Annual turnover.
- VAT registration and evidence of past remittance.
- Evidence of citizenship (individual/corporate) of Jigawa State
(3) Letter of invitation to Bid.
(4) Bid documents copy.
(5) Bid return sheet (dully signed by all bidders).
(6) Bid evaluation report.
(7) Evidence of approval/selective by management
(8) Bid Bond.
(9) A sworn affidavit certifying as follows;-
- That the document submitted for the prequalification exercise are not only genuine but correct.
- That none of the Directors of the company has been convicted by any court of law.
- That the company is not bankrupt.
- That none of the Officers of Jigawa State/Local Government is a presenter or former Director of the company.
(5) Alternative Bids are not permitted.
(6) Submission of bids must be received in sealed envelopes to be delivered by hand or registered mail, not later 26th November 2015 to the address below.
(7) All bids should be addressed to Secretary Tender Committee, State Universal Basic Education Board, Olusegun Obasanjo Way, Dutse -Jigawa State.
(8) Note that Bid Opening shall be performed on the last day of the bid submission by 12:00non at SUBEB Board Room, Dutse, Jigawa State, at the presence of bidders or their representatives.
(9) The Jigawa State Universal Basic Education Board reserves the right to reject late submission.
(10) A complete set of bidding documents is in English and may be purchased by interested bidders on submission of written application to the address below and upon a payment of non- refundable fee of twenty thousand naira only (20,000)
Jigawa State Universal Basic Education Board
Olusegun Obasanjo way near JASCO Dutse -Jigawa State
FEED THE FUTURE
The US Government’s Global Hunger & Food Security Initiative
Partnership for Innovation
Feed the Future Partnering for Innovation Solicitation
Funding Opportunity: Public Private Partnerships in Nigeria
Feed the Future Partnering for Innovation with USAID/Nigeria announces the release of Pl-SNAP-Nigeria-01, a solicitation for public private partnerships in Nigeria that engage smallholder farmers. These partnerships will support increased access to agricultural inputs and technologies, better agricultural practices and business management practices, better access to feed milling and mixing operations, and support for outgrower and aggregator schemes. Full solicitation information can be found at: http://agtech.partneringforinnovation.org/docs/DOC-1585
Given your business interest in Nigeria, we want to share this opportunity with you
Applications for the solicitation are due on December 9, 2015 at 5:00pm EST are accepting questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org through November, 13th. If you meet the requirements in the scope of work, please consider applying. We look forward to hearing from you!