National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Pre-Qualification for 2016 Capital Projects
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) as part of its statutory responsibility for HIV/AIDS treatment, care & support and strengthening of health systems in Nigeria is anticipating funding from the Government of Nigeria, World Bank and Global Fund to support the scale-up of HIV prevention and treatment interventions across the country in the 2016 Fiscal year. Consequently, NACA wishes to apply these funds to address the gaps in the national HIV prevention and treatment programme.
The Agency hereby invites submission of prequalification documents from interested Suppliers/Contractors/Consultants with cognate experience in the areas listed under schedule (2) below wishing to pre-qualify their Companies to participate in the subsequent bidding processes in thirty-one (32) different areas categorized under goods and services.
SCHEDULE 2 – PRE-QUALIFICATION AREAS
CATEGORY I – GOODS
PACKAGE A: SUPPLY OF ANTI-RETROVIRAL/OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTIONS (OI) MEDICINES
Lot 1: Supply of First Line Anti-retroviral Medicines
Lot 2: Supply of Second line Anti-retroviral Medicines
Lot 3: Supply of HIV Opportunistic infections (OI) Medicines
PACKAGE B: SUPPLY OF HIV/AIDS RAPID TEST KITS
Lot 1: Supply of First Line Test Kits
Lot 2: Supply of Confirmatory Test Kits
Lot 3: Supply of Tie Breaker Test Kits
PACKAGE C: SUPPLY, INSTALLATION/MAINTENANCE SERVICES OF LABORATORY EQUIPMENT
Lot 1: Supply, Installation, and Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) of CD4 Machines (Within and outside the warranty period)
Lot 2: Supply, Installation, and Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) of Chemistry Analyzer Machines (Within and outside the warranty period)
Lot 3: Supply, Installation, and Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) of Hematology Analyzer Machines (Within and outside the warranty period)
Lot 4: Supply, Installation, and Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) of Viral Load Machines (Within and outside the warranty period)
PACKAGE D: SUPPLY OF LABORATORY REAGENTS FOR ANALYZERS AND POINT OF CARE (POC) MACHINES
Lot 1: Supply of Reagent for CD4/Point of Care (POC) Machines
Lot 2: Supply of Reagent for Chemistry Analyzer/Point of Care (POC) Machines
Lot 3: Supply of Reagent for Hematology Analyzer/Point of Care (POC) Machines
Lot 4: Supply of Reagent for Viral Load/Point of Care (POC) Machines
PACKAGE E: OTHERS
Lot 1: Supply of Medical/Laboratory Consumables
Lot 2: Supply of Project/Utility Vehicles
Lot 3: Supply of Computer Hardware and Accessories
Lot 4: Supply and Installation of LAN/Internet Facilities
Lot 5: Supply of Office Furniture and Fittings
Lot 6: Supply of Office Equipment
Lot 7: Supply of Office Consumables
Lot 8: Printing and Publication of HIV IEC and related Materials
CATEGORY II – SERVICES
Lot 1: Provision of Hotel Services in FCT and 36 State Capitals of the Federation (The Hotel must be a Star Rated Hotel)
Lot 2: General Insurance Services
Lot 3: Account Auditing Services (TO conduct the Annual Mandatory Auditing of NACA Account(s))
Lot 4: Facility Management Services 2
Lot 5: Cleaning and Landscaping Services
Lot 6: Security Services
Lot 7: Retainership for Preventive Maintenance/Repairs of various category of vehicles
Lot 8: Retainership for Preventive Maintenance/Repairs of electric generating sets of various types/categories.
Lot 9: Retainership for Supply of PMS/AGO
Lot 10: Warehousing of HIV Commodities
SCHEDULE 3 -GUIDING CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Prospective applicants who may be a single entity or consortium but not an individual consultant are requested to submit documents that demonstrate their capacity and capability to undertake these assignments stated in Schedule 2, Categories 1 & 2 above. The submission should provide the following information as enumerated in the General and Specific Criteria below, the two of which shall form the basis for pre-qualification.
General Eligibility Criteria
(1) Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by the inclusion of Certificate of Incorporation.
(2) Article and Memorandum of Association;
(3) Evidence of a minimum of Three (3) Years Tax Clearance (2013-2015);
(4) Evidence of VAT registration;
(5) Audited Statements of Account for the past three (3) consecutive years (2013 to 2015) where applicable in term of company’s year of registration;
(6) Certificate of Compliance with Pension Reform Act 2004; (applicable on GON/GF funded projects only);
(7) Evidence of ITF Compliance Certificates (applicable on GON/GF funded projects only);
(8) Evidence of NSITF Compliance Certificates (applicable on GON/GF funded projects only);
(9) Evidence of ETF Compliance Certificates (applicable on GON/GF funded projects only);
(10) For Joint Ventures (JVs) to include Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) indicating the responsibility and duties of the individual firms constituting the JV;
(11) Evidence of Company Registration in the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers (NDCCSPs);
(12) Company Profile detaining description of similar assignment with verifiable letters of engagement and evidence of successful completion, and any other information that would be of advantage to the company.
SPECIFIC ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT
(1) Evidence of WHO Prequalification (Applicable to Lot 1 & 2 only)
(2) Evidence of Product Registration with NAFDAC
(3) Product must have passed Phase I&II of Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) Evaluation
(4) Annual Turnover must be minimum of 100 Million Naira
(5) Evidence of completion of previous contract of similar nature in Health Sector to a minimum volume of 100 million
(6) Evidence of Registration with Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria
(7) Evidence of Registration with PMG-MAN (Applicable to Package Lot 3 of Package A only)
(1) Evidence of WHO Prequalification
(2) Evidence of Product Registration with NAFDAC
(3) Product must have passed Phase I & II of Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) Evaluation
(4) Evidence of verifiable current Manufacturer’s Authorization
(5) Annual Turnover must be minimum of 100 Million Naira
(6) Evidence of completion of previous contract of similar nature in Health Sector to a minimum volume of 100 million
(1) Evidence of verifiable current Manufacturer Authorization
(2) Equipment must be enlisted in the approved Policy for Procurement of Health and Medical Equipment/List of Manufacturers and Equipment.
(3) The firm must have proven personnel capability with at least three (3) certified Biomedical Engineers
(1) Evidence of verifiable current Manufacturer Authorization
(2) Proof of Reagent conformity with respective machines
CATEGORY II: SERVICES
(1) Evidence of Peddling License from Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) (Applicable to Lot 9 only)
(2) Personnel must have passed the requirement from appropriate regulatory Authorities
(3) A verifiable Evidence of the Star Rating and Prove of Compliance with all Standard in the Hospitality Industry of the Country (Applicable to Lot 1 Lot only)
(4) The Audit Firm must be duly registered with the Office of the Auditor General of the Federation and must have demonstrated experience and knowledge of Audit of the Account to be Audited (Applicable to Lot 3 Lot only)
(IV) GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) Pre-qualification application should be very clear about the area of competence and interest.
(2) One submission is expected in every area of interest and not more than two Category/Package areas per each bidder.
(3) Submission must be in English language only, in four (4) copies (one original and three copies) sealed in an envelope clearly marked “Submission for NACA-Government of Nigeria (GON)/World Bank (WB)/Global Fund (GF) Project – CATEGORY X / PACKAGE X /LOT Number……” and dropped in the Tender Box provided with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address stated hereunder.
(4) Every page of the document must be signed
(5) This invitation for Pre-qualification shall not be construed to be commitment on the part of the Agency, to award a contract nor shall it entitle the Tenderer to make any claims whatsoever and seek indemnity from the Agency by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.
(6) Interested bidders may obtain further information at the same address from 09.00 to 15.30 hours local time Mondays to Fridays (except weekends and public holidays).
(7) Submission must be delivered to the same address on or before 12:00 noon, on Monday 20th June 2016.
(8) All submissions shall be opened immediately on the same date at the NACA Conference Room.
(9) Only prequalified bidders would be contacted for the next stage of the procurement process i.e. issuance of Request for Proposal (RFP) or Invitation to Bid.
(10) The document must be sequentially arranged according to the above listed criteria and failure to comply with any of the above submissions guideline will automatically lead to disqualification
(V) ADDRESS FOR INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Head of Procurement
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Plot 823, Ralph Shodeinde Street Central Business District, Abuja.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +234-9-4613726-9 Fax: +234-9-4613700
African Development Bank Group
Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sub-Program in Yobe State
Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) for Training and Follow-up on Hygiene Promotion in Schools
Selection Based on the Consultants Qualifications (CQS)
The Yobe State Government (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has received financing from the African Development Bank in the form of a “loan” toward the cost of Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sub-Program. The Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sub-Programme (RWSSP), an implementing agency of the Borrower intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this loan to eligible payments under the contract for which this invitation for an Expression of Interest (EOI) is issued.
(1) OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
(1) To conduct trainings and subsequent follow up trainings.
(2) To bring about behaviour change towards hygiene and sanitation issues among school pupils, teachers and parents for improved health.
(3) To inculcate in the school community the culture of maintenance for sustainability of provided WASH facilities
(4) To make focused schools models in the area of sanitation and hygiene
(5) To institutionalize hygiene promotion and Environmental Health Clubs in schools
(6) To empower pupils to become agents of change
(2) SCOPE OF WORK;
• The Organization/ Institution will be responsible for the following tasks:
• To Design training courses and its modules
• To conduct a 2 days training of 45 facilitators to be drown from SPIU, RUWASA, SUBEB, LGAs and CSOs on sanitation, hygiene promotion and how to management maintained WASH facilities including procedure for establishment of Environmental Health Clubs in schools.
The consultant shall supervise and provide on the job support on the following activities:
• To facilitate and support the facilitators conduct an LGA based 2 days training of 150 school teachers in 15 LGAs of the State (LGAs Bursari, Damaturu, Fika, Fune, Gaidam, Gujba, Gulani, Jakusko, Karasuwa, Machina, Nangere, Potiskum, Tarmuwa, Yunusari and Yusufari) respectively on sanitation, hygiene promotion and how to management and maintained WASH facilities in schools including procedure for establishment of Environmental Health Clubs in their schools.
• To facilitate and support the facilitators and teachers to establish environmental health clubs and training within 2 days for 13 members per schools across the 15 LGAs (1,950).
• To facilitate and support the facilitators to organize an LGA based 2 days training of 300 PTAs/SBMCs EASH in schools
• To facilitate and support the facilitators organize a ward based 2 days training for 600 hygiene promoters groups across the 15 LGAs who will liaise with the EHOs in having a child friendly school environments conducive for learning.
• SPIU to carry out monitoring and evaluation of each training programme from the perspective of learning by the trainees
(3) SPIU now invite expression of interest and information from NGO/Institutions to conduct Training on Hygiene Promotion in Schools and follow up activities under the AfDB-Assisted Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sub-Programme in Yobe State. Interested NGO/Institutions must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the assignment (brochures, description of similar assignments, evidence of accomplishment of similar assignment, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Specifically, NGO/ Institutions are to provide the following information:
(i) Full profile with ail details (address, contact person, telephone/fax numbers, e-mail).
(ii) General organizational capability and resources (staffing, years of experience in the above field).
(iii) Experience profile (services description, services amount and contracting organization/ entity, evidence of similar jobs undertaken).
(iv) Evidence of intended joint venture, partnership agreements where consultants intend to associate
(4) The following are the key criteria for selection of NGO/institutions:
(i) Organization should have well established credibility in the field of public health and training.
(ii) Should have enough manpower, expertise, infrastructure other facilities to conduct entire exercise on its own. A personnel profile table below indicating tentative manpower requirement for the assignment.
(iii) Should have enough experience of conducting similar exercises during the last five years.
(iv) Should have experience of working in the North-Eastern Nigeria (for the follow up activities) and can appreciate the socio-economic, cultural political situation of the areas where school WASH is being implemented.
(v) Should have a good experience in rural development and climatic patterns of the operation areas
(vi) Should have the ability to produce a good final consultancy report in English
1 Team Leader
Bachelor degree in Public Health or Sciences/ Social Sciences with at least 5 years in rural community development and leadership experience in skill training ability. Must have the ability to design and use course manuals for WASH activities and special knowledge with field experience in Hygiene promotion in Schools (NSHP).
2 4 Nos. Key Staff
Higher National Degree or its equivalent in Health -related field and 3 years cognate experience in training, implementation and report writing on WASH interventions.
3 1 No. Supporting Staff
Secretarial Studies or its equivalent
(5) The procurement method is Selection based on the Consultant’s Qualification (CQS). The NGO/Institution will be evaluated based on their qualifications and references of executed assignments. The preferred NGO/Institution will be requested to submit technical and financial proposal and subsequently be invited for negotiation.
(6) Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure are in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” May 2008 edition Revised July 2012, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
(7) Your Expression of Interest (EOI) for the execution of the assignment should reach the address below on or before 4.00 pm, on 27th May, 2016.
The Programme Manager
AfDB Assisted Rural Water Supply and
Sanitation Sub-Programme Yobe State
Flat A6 and A7 300 Housing Units
Near Mega Filling Station
Along Maiduguri Road, Damaturu
Tel: + 234 8036246886
Women for Health (W4H) Programme
Invitation for Pre-Qualification
The Women for Health (W4H) Programme is funded and supported by UKaid under the Department for international Development (DFID), with the mission of increasing the number of female health workers to reduce maternal mortality during child birth. In fulfillment of their mission, renovations/upgrading works will be carried out in some selected health training institutions in 5 (five) states in the northern parts of the country’ comprising Jigawa, Kano, Katsina, Yobe and Zamfara States. Therefore interested bidders are requested to submit pre-qualification documents for the project(s) to be executed in the following schools.
(2) LIST OF SCHOOLS
• College of Nursing & Midwifery, Birnin Kudu
• School of Midwifery, Kano
• School of Nursing Kano
• School of Health Technology, Kano
• School of Midwifery, Dambatta
• School of Midwifery, Madobi
• School of Health Technology, Kankiya
• School of Nursing, Katstina
• School of Health Technology, Daura
• School of Midwifery, Malumfashi
• School of Health Technology, Tsafe
• School of Nursing and Midwifery, Gusau
• School of Health Technology, Nguru
• School of Nursing & Midwifery, Damaturu
(2) PRE-QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
(a) Each Contractor is expected to submit the following documents
(i) Evidence of Incorporation with Corporate affairs Commission (CAC).
(ii) Evidence of most recent Tax Clearance Certificate for the year ending 2015
(iii) Company Audited Accounts for three (3) years (2013, 2014 & 2015)
(iv) Security deposit of 1,500,000,00 Naira in form of draft check from a commercial Bank payable to Grid Consultants
(v) Covering letter indicating ONLY 2 locations that the bidder proposes to work
(b) Other Criteria
(i) Evidence of Financial Capability and Banking Support (Bank Reference letter, Statement of Account for the last 3
(ii) Experiences / Technical Qualification of key personnel (Company Profile, CV and Credentials of personnel).
(iii) Evidence of “Similar Projects” executed over the last five (5) years
(iv) Evidence of knowledge of the industry (Award letters of projects executed and Certificates of Practical Completion etc.).
(v) VAT Registration (TIN Number) and evidence of past VAT remittances
(vi) List of completed and On-going Projects (if any)
(vii) Relevant information concerning means of contacts, e.g. Telephone, E-mail address etc. of company and responsible person.
Note: – After being pre- qualified, original copies of documents listed above must be produced for sighting before collection of Tender Documents.
(3) SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The pre-qualification documents should be addressed to the Finance & Admin Manager, W4H National Office, 1, Adantu Dankabo Close, Off Tukur Road, Nassarawa G.R.A, Kano and submitted in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Pre¬–qualification to tender for the project (name of the School and the State)”. All documents should be submitted not later man 10:00AM on Thursday, 26th May, 2016. Opening of submissions will commence immediately after at 11:00am.
Please note that:
• W4H reserves the right to verify claims by the bidders and may disqualify Contractors on false claim made.
• By submission of these documents W4H is neither committed nor obliged to award any contract to any Contractor.
• That this advertisement for invitation to pre-qualification shall not be considered as a commitment on the part of W4H, nor shall it entitle any bidder to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from W4H.
• Full tender procedures will apply only to bidders that are pre-qualified and found capable of executing the projects
National Programme Manager