Federal Republic of Nigeria
Federal Roads Development Project
Road Sector Development Team (RSDT)
Request for Expressions of Interest Consulting Services for the Technical Audit of the Civil Work Component (Rehabilitation) of the Federal Roads Development Project (FRDP)
Project ID No.: P090135
Credit No.: IDA 44150
This invitation for expression of interest follows the general, procurement notice that appeared in UN Development Business online issue No. 637 of 11th March 2005.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Federal Roads Development Project (FRDP). The project supports the implementation of the National strategy to ensure sustainable maintenance of the Federal Road Network over the short and medium term in order to provide appropriate levels of service across the entire federal road network.
The Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (FMPWH) established the Road Sector Development Team (RSDT) to administer and manage the Federal Roads Development Maintenance Program (FRDMP). RSDT has identified the need to engage the services of experienced Technical Auditors that will carry out the Technical Audit of newly rehabilitated roads which include: Enugu-Abakaliki, Ogoja Junction-Ikom road, Mokwa Bida road and Akure -Ilesha road, and come up with appropriate findings and recommendations.
The overall objective of the technical audit is to review the Planning, Design, Construction and Management of the rehabilitation works on the roads. More specifically, the auditor will:
• Determine whether Consultants and Contractors have adequately fulfilled their contractual obligations
• Identify any additional or remedial works required
• Identify any observed lapses and make recommendations for their avoidance
• Identify and extract “lessons learned” that can be applied in subsequent road projects.
The consulting services are envisaged to be provided by a firm, and it is estimated that they would be require approximately 5 months of consultant’s input from the commencement date, planned to the end of November 2016. Most of the consultant inputs are expected to be provided in Nigeria.
The Road Sector Development Team of the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing now invites consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide a statement of capability and experience indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. Shortlisted consultants may not associate with other shortlisted firms. This advertisement is open to consultants from all eligible source countries. The consultant shall have good command of English, Speaking and writing and possess good interpersonal skills.
Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011.
Interested consultants should submit one (1) original and (2) two copies of the above information in English language in an envelope marked: “Expression of Interest -Consultancy Services for the technical Audit of Civil Works Component (Rehabilitation) of FRDP”
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 08.00 to 5:00 PM (local time) on Mondays to Fridays.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below not later than 2:00 pm (Local time) on 6th June, 2016
The Unit Manager,
Road Sector Development Team,
6 Niagara Close, off Erie Crescent, off Nile Street,
Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
Tel: +234 7036609082
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Specific Procurement Notice (SPN)
Invitation for Bids
Date: 23rd May 2016
Loan No: 2100150019643
IFB No: ICB-01/BBW/CMR-NGR/2016
(1) This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online No. AfDB 332-733/08 of 18 August 2008 (Print Version Issue No 733 of 31 August 2008), and on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website.
(2) The Federal Government of Nigeria and the Cameroon Government have received Financing from the African Development Bank in various currencies towards the cost of Bamenda- Enugu Transport Facilitation Program. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Construction of a Two-Lane Bridge Over the Cross River at the Cameroon-Nigeria Border (Ekok-Mfum), including approach Roads.
(3) The Federal Ministry of Power, Works & Housing of Nigeria represented by Road Sector Development Team (RSDT) and the Ministry of Public Works of Cameroon (MINPW) represented by the African Development Bank /World Bank Project Unit (“Cellule BAD-BM”) now invite sealed bids from eligible bidders for the execution of the works. The main works, among others, include the following:
• Construction of approximately 403m long two-lane box girder balanced cantilever bridge carrying a two lane single carriage and pedestrian walkways. The bridge span comprises 35m, 150m (river span), 85m, 2x50m and 31m.
• Construction of approximately 0.5km approach road on the Nigeria side involving about 1.31 million cum of cut and 1.32million cum. of fill;
• Construction of approximately 1.0km long approach road on the Cameroon side involving about 4.3million cum. of out and 4.9 million cum. of fill;
• Environmental impact mitigation measures.
The contract completion period shall not exceed Eighteen (18) months
(4) Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of Unit Manager, Road Sector Development Team, No. 6 Niagara Close off Erie Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria; Email – firstname.lastname@example.org , Mobile No. +234-703 660 9082; OR at the office of Unit Head, African Development Bank/ World Bank Project Unit (“Cellule BAD-BM”), General Department for Infrastructure Works, Ministry of Public Works, Yaounde, Cameroon. Tel: (237) 22 22 22 94, Fax: (237) 22 22 22 94. E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org commencing Monday, 23rd May 2016 from 09.00 to 4:00 pm local time during working days (Monday – Friday).
(5) A complete set of bidding documents maybe purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above-mentioned offices in Nigeria or Cameroon with evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of USD 500.00 (Five Hundred US Dollars) or its equivalent in local currency. Payment made through the Nigerian office should be to Road Sector Development Team (Tenders Fee Account) with the Central Bank of Nigeria, while payment through the Cameroon office should be through the public treasury.
(6) The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods or Procurement of Works.
(7) Bids must be delivered to the office of Unit Manager, Road Sector Development Team, No. 6 Niagara Close off Erie Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria, on or before 12:00 hours local time, Monday, 18th July 2016 and must be accompanied by a bid security of US$ 750,000.00 (seven hundred and fifty thousand US Dollars).
(8) Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 12:15 hours local time on Monday July 18th 2016 at the offices of Road Sector Development Team,
No. 6 Niagara Close,
off Erie Crescent,
National Cereals Research Institute (NCRI), Badeggi
PMB 8, Bida, Niger State
Invitation for Technical and Financial Bids from Interested Bidders for Projects under 2016 Appropriation Act
National Cereals Research Institute (NCRI), Badeggi is a parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development with the responsibility for Genetic Improvement on Rice, Acha, Sugarcane, Soybean, Beniseed, Castor and overall Farming System in the central Agro-Ecological Zone of Nigeria. The Institute intends to carry out procurement for the various projects under its 2016 Appropriation.
(1.2) National Cereals Research Institute (NCRI), Badeggi hereby invites submission for Technical and Financial bids from interested and competent Contractors for the Projects in the 2016 Appropriation under the following Categories.
Lot 1: Renovation and Furnishing of Research and Administrative Blocks at the Headquarter, Badeggi, Niger State
Lot 2: Renovation of Office Accomodation at Research Outstations at Birnin-Kebbi in Kebbi State and Yandev in Benue State.
Lot 3: Channelization of Water Flows at Birnin-Kebbi research field at Kebbi State
Lot 4: Re-Fencing of 3KM Wall at the Headquarter in Badeggi, Niger State.
Lot 5: Repair of Rice Milling Machine at Amakama, Abia State
Lot 6: Renovation of Central Laboratory Building at the Headquarter, Badeggi in Niger State
Lot 7: Procurement of Smart Phones for Farmers, Drilling of Boreholes at the Headquarters, Badeggi, Niger State
2.0 PRE-QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Bidders are to provide the following as minimum technical and financial requirements for the project of their choice
(i) Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
(ii) Task Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years expiring on 31st December, 2016
(iii) Evidence of VAT Registration and Remittances
(iv) Evidence of up to date Annual Returns with CAC, and note that due diligence could be conducted
(v) Verifiable documentary evidences of similar jobs successfully executed within the last three (3) years, status of on-going projects and total monetary value.
(vi) Evidence of payment and certificate of job completion
(vii) Evidence of compliance with the statutory provision of section 6 (1-3) of the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendments Act, 2007.
(viii) Evidence of financial capability/reference letter from a reputable bank
(ix) Evidence of Registration as a contractor with National Cereals Research Institute (NCRI), Badeggi.
(x) Evidence of receipts of non-refundable expression of interest fee of Ten Thousand Naira only (N10,000) only from the institutes’ cash office.
(2.1) SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS;
The Technical and Financial bid document should be sealed and labelled Technical and Financial Bids separately as appropriate, and the two (2) envelopes be put in another envelope that should also be sealed and labelled at the top right hand comer accordingly, indicating project name, and the name of the procuring Entity (NCRI, Badeggi The Tender documents (Technical and Financial Bids) shall be submitted in two (2) copies (one original and one photo copy) and all pages are to be duly endorsed by an authorized Principal Officer. The envelope should be addressed to;
The Executive Director,
National Cereals Research Institute (NCRI), Badeggi,
The documents should reach the “Tender Box” NCRI, Badeggi not later than 12Noon, on 11th July 2016.
(2.2) OPENING OF TENDER:
The representatives of the bidding company or individual and interested
Members of public Civil Right Organization are invited to witness the opening of the Tenders Documents on the same date, at NCRI, Badeggi conference hall, Bida, Niger State
Enugu State Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP-2)
Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) for Consulting Services, for Detail Engineering Design, Procurement Support, and Supervision of the Rehabilitation/Construction of Rural Gravel Roads in Enugu State
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Second Rural Access and Mobility
Project Credit No: 5154 – NG
Issue Date: May 23rd 2016
The Federal Republic of Nigeria, through the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) and the French Development Agency (AFD) and on-lent the financing to four participating States (Adamawa, Enugu, Niger and Osun) towards the cost of rehabilitation of prioritized rural roads in these States under the Second Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP-2). It is intended that part of the proceeds of the financing will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for consulting services.
The Consulting Services (‘The Services’) can be split in three phases, and include:
(i) Phase 1: Detailed engineering design, environmental and social impact assessments and preparation of bidding documents.
(ii) Phase 2: procurement support services.
(iii) Phase 3: construction supervision. The supervision of rehabilitation/construction works will be approximately 341/km of mostly unpaved roads in Enugu State over 18-month construction period and a 12-month defect liability period. The key objectives of construction supervision include reviewing the engineering designs and drawings, technical specifications and other construction contractual obligations with the specified time schedule; supervision of any remedial works during the defect and liability periods.
The Road rehabilitation/construction works generally include site clearance; minor earthworks; repairing of the road formation; provision and laying of sub-base and of lateritic base course; rehabilitation/reconstruction of drainage systems (inside drains and culverts); road signs and marking and other road furniture; traffic management; and social and environmental measures in accordance with the project’s Resettlement Action Plan and the Environmental Management Plan.
The Enugu State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU), of the Second Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP) on behalf of Enugu State Government invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing information and demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to carry out the above Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
• The consultant to demonstrate in clear terms, her experience and qualification on road construction supervision with qualified technical’ and managerial staff resources; adequate organization including effective management structure, and transparent financial reporting. The prospective Consultants are to provide information on their business, staff resources, and audited account for the last three years, 2013-2014-2015.
• Proven successful previous experience of a number of similar road construction supervision projects. Similarity in understanding the terms of scope and size of works as described above. The prospective Consultants are to provide information on relevant experience on similar assignments for the last three years, 2013-2014-2015.
• The attention of interested consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January, 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
• The Consultants may associates with other firms in the form of a joint venture or sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
• A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (Monday-Friday) 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail) by June 14, 2016.
Expression of Interest must be clearly marked “Expression of Interest – Consulting Services for detailed engineering design, procurement support supervision of the Rehabilitation/ Construction of Rural Roads in Enugu State.
State Project Coordinator
State Project Implementation Unit,
Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP)
24 Colliery Ave. GRA, (Marketing Company Premises)
(Near Water Corporation Headquarters), Enugu,
Enugu State, Nigeria.
Tel: +234-8063583673, +234-8033947446