COMISSAO DA CEDEAO
101, YAKUBU GOWON CRESCENT,
COMMISSION DE LA CEDEAO
TEL: (234-9)314-74 27-9, (234-9)314-74 27-9
FAX: (234-9)314-76 46, (234 – 9) 314-30 05
From: 30/05/2017 To: 06/07/2017
Client: ECOWAS Commission
TYPE : EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
TITLE: RECRUITMENT OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF ECOWAS GEO-EXTRACTIVES DATABASE AND STATISTICAL INFORMATION REPORTING FRAMEWORK
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) represented by the ECOWAS Commission intends to recruit an individual consultant for the development of ECOWAS Geo-extractives database and statistical information reporting framework.
The main objective is to assist the Community develop a comprehensive, practically-useful, development- and market-oriented, value chain-biased Database & Statistical Information Reporting Framework for the Community’s geo-extractives (mining & hydrocarbons) sector which shall provide appropriate periodic information for quantitative measurement and reporting on the Sector’s progress towards the realization of the Community’s vision.
(3) Duties and responsibilities of the consultant:
• Draft a comprehensive geo-extractives sector value chains-based, development- and market-oriented, forward-looking, and practically feasible ECOWAS Geo-extractives Database & Information Reporting Framework and its Implementation Strategy as afore-described and submit it through the Commissioner, Energy & Mines within a specified number of days.
• Develop within the context herein, the relevant sector-specific indicators along the respective (mining and hydrocarbons) value chains.
• Will from thereon but at intervals, assist the Directorate of Mining as the Commission’s Resource Person(s) in the review and statutory validation process of this draft Framework.
• Will assist the Directorate of Mining as a Resource Person in any other ECOWAS Commission’s technical reviews on this draft document.
(4) The qualifications of the Consultant should include, among others
• Minimum of Masters Degree in the related-field(s) of statistics or geo-statistics.
• Having undertaken at least two (2) of such development statistics assignment in the geo-extractives sector.
• Maximum, one (1) A4-page Statement indicating his/her policy-view in regard of regional developmental policy-orientation(s) as relates to the value chains and the up-, mid-, and downstream intra-industry linkages of the geo-extractives sector.
• Proven ability to analyze effectiveness of multi-industry sector linkages as relates to the geo-extractives sector.
• Proven practical experience in multi-sector policy conceptualization, development of appropriate tools and methodology for statistical data collection and analysis for periodic assessment and reporting on development progress.
• Proven ability to write reports in clear and concise legal and technical context, communicate effectively, present concepts with limited slides, and meet operational deadlines.
• Proven ability to maintain excellent interpersonal skills and maintain effective working relationships within a multi-lingual and cultural environment of an international development organization.
(5) The selection procedure will be selection of Individual Consultant based on the Consultant’s Qualification and the selected Consultant will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the Contract Agreement. Please note that the selected consultant will be expected to submit all required reports in English or French.
(6) The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (Individual) to indicate their interests in providing these services. The interested Consultants must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following: Curriculum and Certificates; Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past ten (10) years; Computer knowledge; knowledge of the area; language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project). Please note that if individual consultants are proposed by firms, only the experience and qualifications of the individuals shall be used in the selection process, their corporate experience shall not be taken into account, and the contract, if given, will be signed with the proposed individual.
(7) Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am GMT+ 1 to 5:00 pm GMT +1.
Procurement Division, Directorate of General Administration, ECOWAS Commission, Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria or by E-mail to the following addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
NB: The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Article 87 of the ECOWAS Tender Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), setting forth corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per Article 17. (h) of the ECOWAS Tender Code.
(8) Expression of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “RECRUITMENT OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF ECOWAS GEO-EXTRACTIVES DATABASE & STATISTICAL INFORMATION REPORTING FRAMEWORK”, Do not open except in the presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below latest by Thursday 6th July, 2017 at 11:00 am (GMT+1).
The ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the Office of the Executive Assistant of the Commissioner, Administration & Finance, 5th Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
(9) Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
(10) This EOI is also published on the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement
Commissioner, General Administration & Conference
NATIONAL AGENCY FOR THE CONTROL OF AIDS (NACA)/UNICEF
RE: EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR CALL CENTER TECHNICAL UPGRADE
This is to draw the attention of the general public to the Closing Date in our prior publication in respect of the “Call Centre Technical Upgrade”
The advertisement is hereby amended as follows:
Closing Date: All Expression of Interests must be delivered on or before 1200hours local time on Monday June 19, 2017.
ALL OTHER DETAILS EARLIER PUBLISHED REMAIN VALID.
For further information, please contact: 0809 -183 – 6222, 0809 -184- 6222.
THE ADVERT REFERRED TO ABOVE IS SHOWN BELOW:-
NATIONAL AGENCY FOR THE CONTROL OF AIDS (NACA) IN COLLABORATION WITH UNICEF
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR CALL CENTRE TECHNICAL UPGRADE
UNICEF Nigeria with support from HQ commissioned Praekelt Foundation to assess the National Call Centre on HIV/AIDS & Related Diseases to revamp its existing capacity and services – that will complement existing programmes and interventions – inducing HTS, ART and Prevention for adolescent girls and key populations. Following the development of the blue print, key components of the recommendations were prioritized for operationalization.
Based on this recommendations, the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) with support from the UNICEF is working on a comprehensive technical upgrade of the National Call Centre on HV/AIDS and Related Diseases to a fully functional Multichannel Contact Call Centre with primary focus on the transformation of processes, technology and human capabilities to further enhance current operations, increase operational efficiencies and improve quality of services offered to its clients. Therefore, NACA wishes to solicit for expression of interest for providing a multi-channel contact call centre technology solution as upgrade for the existing call centre.
(2) Purpose of the Assignment:
The Goal is to harness all existing platforms in Nigeria to improve the reach, impact, mentoring, linkage to services, expand role, and improve awareness, engagement and demand of services provided by the National call centre.
Scope of Work
Service providers/vendors with expertise in call centre technical upgrade are invited to express interest in the following;
• Design and integrate with other channels: Increase services from voice only based to a multichannel platform – e.g. SMS Gateway, WhatsApp, IVR, Chatbox Facebook Messenger, USSD, web based Chat Engine and Bulk Email Dissemination Portal available to agents and clients for interaction. Adapt call centre content for different channels.
• Provide integration service of the MTV SUGA IVR Server to allow call recording during off-hours and pre-recorded responses.
• Human Resource Capacity: Develop training modules and one year training support services for the upgraded centre. Develop NACA approved training manuals for technical support staff and also training of agents, supervisors and IT personnel on the deployed technology
Improve Monitoring: The national call centre should serve as a hub for collating and analysing all mobile based services provided for adolescents and young people disaggregated by age, sex and geographical location on a dash board.
Improve awareness, engagement and demand: Design and implement a national campaign to increase awareness, engagement and demand for services provided by the national call centre using multiple enamels. This shall include establishing linkages and networks with other existing service providers.
Expand Role: The National call centre database should be designed to be a potential platform to host the DHIS and other sectoral data.
(3.) Major Tasks to be accomplished:
The major tasks to be performed by the organization will include:
• Development of a HIV interactive platform central information management system for improved reach, monitoring, impact and linkage to services.
• Upgrade of the current call centre operating system from 2.0 to 6.0 maximizing use of existing infrastructure
• Provide integration to the existing call centre solution with CRM and back-end systems with flexible reporting system and adaptation to various platforms and demographics
• Integrate with other channels (e.g. SMS Gateway, Facebook Messenger, USSD, web based chat engine and bulk email dissemination portal) available to agents and clients for interaction.
• Provide integration service if the MTV SUGA IVR Server to allow call recording during off-hours and pre-recorded responses
• Provide required networking connectivity to achieve above.
• Provide Computer Telephony Integration (CD) functionality and configuration
• Procurement of soft and hard ware technology upgrade to provide a platform for programming
• Process alignment and definition for all the various software integration
• Develop NACA approved training manuals for technical support staff and also training of call centre agents, supervisors and IT personnel on the deployed technology (HIP technical administration, application usage and customer service)
• Support for implementation and management of marketing (Demand creation/branding) of the call centre.
• Design and implement a national campaign to increase awareness, engagement and demand for services provided by the national call centre using multiple channels.
• One year technical Support for 25 staff and maintenance of the equipment
(4.) TECHNICAL FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The contact Centre solution must have features and capacities as described below:
• The proposed solution must have minimal recurrent costs
• Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) of the solution is an advantage.
• The proposed solution must be easily scalable.
• Multiple CODECs should be supported. Recording should be accessible MP3/WAV file format for playback purposes.
• Call quality monitoring facilities must be provided.
(5.) Time Frame: 6 Months
(6.) Eligibility Criteria
Prospective Applicants are requested to submit their Expression of Interest that demonstrate capacity and capability to undertake this assignment detailing the following information as basis for short¬listing for further evaluation in a subsequent procurement process in which technical and financial proposals will be requested and reviewed accordingly. The Prospective Service Providers may be single entity or consortium but not individual consultants and must also comply with the following eligibility criteria:
(i.) Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
(ii.) Evidence of Tax payment for the past 3 consecutive years (2014 – 2016);
(iii.) Evidence of VAT registration & proof of past remittances, where applicable;
(iv.) Audited Accounts for the past three (3) consecutive years (2014 – 2016);
(v.) Evidence of compliance with the provision of the Pension Reform Act 2004 as contained in Section 16 (6d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007, where applicable;
(vi.) Evidence of compliance with the provisioned Section 6(1) (3) of the amended Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act No. 19 of 2011/NSITF where applicable;
(vii.) Evidence of recommendation from prospective Consultant Bankers indicating the financial capacity and capability to undertake the assignment, if awarded;
(viii.) For Joint Venture (JVs), include Memorandum of Understanding (indicating the responsibilities and duties of the individual firms consulting the JV;
(ix.) Experience in Call Centre upgrade or services of similar nature;
(x.) Firms involved in the design of the blue print are not eligible to submit an expression of interest
(7.) GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Expression of Interest must be in English Language only and submitted in the Tender Box provided, in duplicates (one original & one copy) in a sealed envelope clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CALL CENTER TECHNICAL UPGRADE” with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below. The Agency reserves the right to reject any or all of the Expression of Interest
Interested Service Providers may obtain further information at the address below from 9.00am to 3.30pm local time, Mondays to Fridays. EOI must be delivered to the address below on or before 1200noon local time on Thursday June 8th, 2017. No EOI shall be received after the closing date and time. The EOI proposals shall be opened on the same day immediately after cloose of bids at the Conference Room NACA.
Please note that at this stage no technical and financial proposals are required. Based on the information submitted in response to this request for EOIs, NACA will prepare a shortlist of qualified organisations that would be later issued Tender documents.
(8.) ADDRESS FOR CONTACT INFORMATION:
Head, Public – Private Partnerships
Department of Resource Mobilization, NACA, Abuja.
ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSION OF BIDS:
Head of Procurement
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Plot 823, Ralph Shodeinde Street,
Central Business District, Abuja.
Email: +234(9)461-3724-29; Fax +234(9)461-3700
COMISSAO DA CEDEAO
101, YAKUBU GOWON CRESCENT,
COMMISSION DE LA CEDEAO
TEL: (234 – 9) 314-74 27 -9
(234 – 9) 314-74 27 – 9
FAX: (234 – 9) 314-76 46
(234 – 9) 314-30 05
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: RECRUITMENT OF A CONSULTANCY FIRMS FOR THE FEASIBILITY STUDY ON ESTABLISHMENT OF A REGIONAL AIRCRAFT LEASING COMPANY
(1) The ECOWAS Commission intends to use part of its fund to finance the service contracts of consultants responsible for conducting feasibility study on establishment of a regional aircraft leasing company.
(2) The key objectives of the study are to:
explore means and options for creating an efficient company that would strengthen and sustain the development of a viable airline industry in West Africa;
support the development and establishment of an Aircraft Leasing Company within West Africa in order to provide cost-efficient leasing services to the airline industry in the region and Africa in general;
improve the poor safety standards and safety records of African airline operators through the introduction of a highly professional and modern aircraft leasing facility.
(3) The overall duration of the study is estimated at seventeen (17) weeks.
The ECOWAS Commission invites Consultants (firms specialized in Air-transport sector) to submit their candidacy for the services described above. Interested eligible and qualified consultants must provide information on their qualifications and experience, demonstrating that they are qualified to provide similar services. The criteria for preparing the shortlist are: (a) general experience of the firm in Air-Transports Sector over the past ten (10) years; (b) specific experience of the firm in Air-Transports Sector (studies; Aircraft Leasing) conducted over the past ten (10) years (at least two similar assignment); (c) working experience in at least 2 ECOWAS countries in past 10 years; (d) availability of key staff (list, qualifications, and experience); (e) capacity to produce reports and all other relevant documents on the study in English and French; (f) Have an average annual turnover in the last three (03) years (2013; 2014 and 2015) of at least Five hundred thousand US Dollars (US$ 500,000) as confirmed by audited financial statements.
NB: Each reference will be summarized on a project sheet, and will be considered only if the candidate attaches supporting documents indicating the contact information of the contracting authorities so as to facilitate verification of the information provided: Excerpts of contract (inner cover page and page with the signatures) plus Attestation of good performance.
(5) Interested Consultants may wish to apply as a consortium to enhance their profile and chance of being qualified
(6) The eligibility criteria, the preparation of shortlist, and the selection procedure shall comply with the ECOWAS Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants” (ECOWAS Tender Code), available on its website: http://www.ecowas.int. The selection procedure will be based on Quality and Cost Based Selection Method (QCBS), and a shortlist of six (6) firms which present the best profiles shall be drawn up after the expression of interest. Also the firms that are part of an international network are to submit one expression of interest.
(7) The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Article 87 of the ECOWAS Tender Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), setting forth corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per Article 17. (h) of the ECOWAS Tender Code.
(8) Interested consultants can obtain further information at the e-mail addresses mentioned below during working hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm (local time) on working days: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
(9) Expressions of interest must be delivered in sealed envelope (1 signed Original and 3 Copies) and clearly marked “RECRUITMENT OF A CONSULTANCY FIRMS FOR THE FEASIBILITY STUDY ON ESTABLISHMENT OF A REGIONAL AIRCRAFT LEASING COMPANY”- do not open except in presence of the Procurement Committee” to the address below by Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 11:00a.m(GMT+1): For delivery in person or by registered mail to:
Office of the Commissioner, General
Administration & Conference,
Fifth (5th) Floor of the ECOWAS Commission
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
Asokoro District, Abuja, NIGERIA
Please note that electronic submissions are accepted and will therefore not be considered.
The working languages shall be English and French.
This request for EOI can also be viewed on the following website: http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement/
Commissioner, General Administration & Conference
GOVERNMENT OF CROSS RIVER STATE OF NIGERIA
MINISTRY OF LANDS AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT NEW SECRETARIAT
P.M.B, 1010 CALABAR
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO PROVIDE SERVICES RELATING TO REGISTRATION OF LANDS, PROPERTY AND PERFECTION OF TITLE DOCUMENTS
The Cross River State Government intends to regularize the registration of lands, property and perfect titles and transaction by obtaining Certificate of Occupancy on consent of Land transaction and regularise buildings built without plan approvals in the state.
Consequently, the Ministry of Lands and Urban Development hereby invites eligible and qualified consultants/consortium to indicate interest in providing services relating to registration of Land, Property and titles to property owners in the state.
SCOPE OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES
The consortium will be expected to regularize the following
(1) Buildings built without plan approvals
(2) Petrol filling stations
(3) Communication masts
(4) Creating and compiling of land register of property owners
(5) Identifying, compiling and assessing of landed properties
(6) Identifying of settlement/building without approval for regularization and title document perfection.
(7) Processing/Assessing of consent to land transaction.
(8) Processing of Certificate of Occupancy.
(9) Assessing and collection of ground rent.
CRITERIA FOR QUALIFICATION:
To be eligible for consideration, Expression of Interest (EOI) should be accompanied with the following documents:
(1) Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
(2) Evidence of Registration/Renewal with the Cross River State due Process and Price Intelligence Bureau in the relevant category.
(3) Evidence of firm’s Audited Accounts for the past three (3) years.
(4) Evidence of firm’s deep knowledge in Land registration and property in:
(a) Registration of Lands and property
(b) Perfection of Title Document for property owners
(5) Evidence of firm’s experience and similar services executed in the past
(6) Evidence of firm’s financial capability to support the project
(7) Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the past three (3) years.
(8) VAT Registration/Evidence of VAT Remittances
(9) Annual turnover of firm
(10) Any other relevant information that may enhance the firm’s qualification.
(11) Evidence of professional registration as Chattered Town Planners.
MODE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
The Expression of Interest (EOI) is to be submitted as follows:
(1) Three (3) hard copies and one (1) soft copy of same enclosed in a sealed envelope of size approximately 290x360mm “marked” EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE REGISTRATION OF LANDS, PROPERTY AND PERFECTION OF TITLE DOCUMENT UNDER HOME OWNERS LIBERTY SCHEME. On the top left flank and addressed to:
The Hon. Commissioner
Ministry of Lands and Urban Development
New Secretariat Complex
ATTENTION: PROCUREMENT OFFICER:
Commencement date for submission of EOI is on Wednesday 30th May, 2017.
CLOSING DATE/OPENING OF EOI SUBMISSION:
Submission of Expression of Interest should be dropped in the Tender Box in room 10 Ministry of Lands and Urban Development on or before Wednesday 16th June, 2017 by 12.00noon.
Opening of the (EOI) shall commence at 1,00pm on Wednesday 16th June 2017, in the Conference room of the Ministry of Lands and Urban Development, New Secretariat Complex, Calabar.
This invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI) should not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Ministry nor guarantee the appointment of any applicant as a consultant to the project, or shall it entitle respondents to make any claims whatever, and/or seek any compensation for expenses incurred by virtue of having responded to this invitation.
Elder Dr. John Ofem Inyang
THE WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL (WAEC)
PRIVATE MAIL BAG 1022, YABA, LAGOS
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS FOR BUILDING CONSTRUCTION WORKS
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is desirous of carrying out the following construction works:
Lot 1: Branch Office Complex at Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
Lot 2: Office Development at 4, Hagley Street, Yaba, Lagos State.
Lot 3: Residential Blocks at 2, Ayoola Coker Street, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos State.
Consequently, reputable contractors in the following fields are hereby invited to submit technical bids:
(1) Building/Civil Engineering;
(2) Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
(2) SCOPE OF WORK
Lot 1: The Branch Office Complex shall be made up of an office block on two floors, security rooms, offices, a police post and external works.
Lot 2: This shall be an Office Block on three floors with adequate parking space on the ground floor.
Lot 3: This shall be made up of Two Residential Blocks, each of three bed-room flats on three floors.
(3) PRE-QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Prospective bidders are required to submit comprehensive documents that highlight the bidding company/firms’ ability to carry out the services, availability of qualified staff and methodology for providing the services as stated above. In addition, bidders are required to state the minimum time frame for providing the needed services. The bidding documents must contain the following requirements for evaluation:
(1) Company Data:
• Company Name
• Business Address (not P.O. Box)
• Name and Phone Number of primary contact person. E-mail address.
(2) Detailed Company Profile indicating management structure, size, numbers of technical and non-technical staff, qualifications and years of experience.
(3) Evidence of Tax Clearance from Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) for years 2014-2016.
(4) Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission, namely Certificate of incorporation, memoranda and Articles of Association, forms CAC7, CAC2 and CAC/BN/A1 (certified true copies).
(5) VAT Registration Certificate
(6) Evidence of execution and completion of similar projects in the last 3 years.
(7) Company Audited Accounts for years 2014 – 2016.
(8) Evidence of Registration with relevant professional bodies.
(9) Evidence of financial capability to execute the contract with bank reference.
(10) Certificate of Compliance Issued by the National Pension Commission as evidence of compliance with the Pension Reform Act 2004.
(11) Certificate of Compliance issued by Industrial Training Fund (ITF), in compliance with Section 6(2) of the ITF Amendment Act 2011.
(12) Evidence of Registration with Bureau of Public Procurement on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers. Attach Certificate of Interim Registration Report.
(13) Sworn Affidavit that the company/firm is not in receivership/bankruptcy.
(14) Sworn Affidavit that none of the directors or partners of the company/firm is an ex-convict in any country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety.
(4) PRE-QUALIFICATION AND TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested bidders are requested to submit their pre-qualification documents in sealed envelopes to the office of the Deputy Registrar/Head of Works Department, WAEC. Yaba between the hours of 10.00am and 3.00 pm on official working days, after the payment of a non-refundable processing fee per lot of N20.000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira) only for building/civil engineering companies, and N10. 000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only for M/E engineering companies. Payment shall be in certified bank draft payable to The West African Examinations Council, Yaba.
Closing date for submission is July 3rd 2017 by 12.00 noon. Note that any bid received after the specified date and time stands automatically disqualified.
(5) SPECIAL NOTES
(1) The sealed envelopes must clearly indicate the Lot Number and area of work on the top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Head of National Office
The West African Examinations Council
21, Hussey Street, Yaba, Lagos
(2) Only those contractors who have been adjudged to be technically sound and capable after the pre-qualification exercise will be invited to collect tender documents and submit financial bids.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF POWER, WORKS AND HOUSING (POWER SECTOR)
POWER HOUSE, NO 14 ZAMBEZI CRESCENT, MAITAMA, ABUJA
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST/ INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE EXECUTION OF 2017 CAPITAL PROJECTS.
The Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), in furtherance of its statutory mandate, intends to implement some capital projects under various Goods, Works and Services in line with the proposed budget for the Financial Year 2017. To this end, the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), in accordance with section 25(2) (ii) of the Public Procurement Act 2007 hereby invites qualified and interested firms to obtain bids for specific procurement as follows:
CATEGORY A (GOODS)
LOT No PROJECT DESCRIPTION LOCATION/REMARKS
Al Procurement of Fire Extinguishers As in Bidding Documents
A2 Procurement of Walkie Talkies and Torch Lights As in Bidding Documents
A3 Procurement of office Equipment/Appliances As in Bidding Documents
A4 Procurement of Furniture and Fittings As in Bidding Documents
A5 Procurement of Monitoring Vehicles As in Bidding Documents
A6 Procurement of ICT Hardware and Software As in various Bidding Documents of Lots A6 (i),and A6 (ii)
A7 Procurement of 35MM2 x 1CORE U/G Cable 500MM2 x 1CORE U/G Cable and 150MM2 X 4 CORE U/G Cable in Yola As in Bidding Documents
A8 Procurement of Electrical Test Equipment AVO and MEGGAR in Yola As in Bidding Documents
A9 Procurement of Operational Vehicles for YEDC As in Bidding Documents
A10 Procurement of Cash Receipting Machines Stand Alone, Vending Machines, Stand Alone With accessories in Yola As in Bidding Documents
All Supply of fuel for the 215MW Kaduna Power Plant As in Bidding Documents
CATEGORY B (WORKS)
B1 Supply and installation of 500kVA 33/0.415kV transformers in Lagos, Katsina and Cross Rivers Lagos, Katsina and Cross Rivers As in various Bidding Documents of Lots B1 (i), Bl (ii )and Bl (iii)
B2 Supply and installation of 500kVA, 300kVA 11/0.415kV Transformers with associated cables in various location at Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States Adamawa, Bomo And Yobe States As in various Bidding Documents of Lots B2 (i), B2 (ii) and B2 (iii).
B3 Supply and installation of 50kVA, l00kVA, 200kVA, 300kVA and 500kVA 33/0.415kV Transformers with associated Cables in various location at Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States Adamawa, Borno And Yobe States As in various Bidding Documents of Lots B3 (i), B3 (ii) and B3 (iii).
B4 Supply and installation of 2.5MVA 33/11kV Power transformers in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe As in the Bidding Document
B5 Procurement and installation of Customer Meters in Adamawa, Borno, Taraba and Yobe States As in the Bidding Document
B6 Installation of E-Library in the Power House As in the Bidding Document
B7 Procurement and installation of Feeder Meters in Adamawa, Borno, Taraba and Yobe States As in the Bidding Document.
B8 Renovation of Ministry’s Store As in the Bidding Document
B9 Rehabilitation of Staff Canteen As in the Bidding Document
B10 Renovation and Upgrading of Auditorium As in the Bidding Document
Bll Interlocking of Pavement and Car Port Wing B As in the Bidding Document
B12 Supply and installation of 1No additional Elevator at Power House, Maitama As in the Bidding Document
B13 Completion of Car Port Wing A As in the Bidding Document
B14 Establishment of Crèche for Staff in Power House As in the Bidding Document
B15 Construction, Supply, and installation of Gym Equipment at The Ministry’s Headquarters As in the Bidding Document
B16 Establishment of Electronic Law Library As in the Bidding Document
B17 Improvement of electricity supply facilities in Abuja and Environs (Apo and Keffi substations) As in the Bidding Document
B18 Operation and maintenance contract for the 215MW Kaduna Power Plant As in the Bidding Document
B19 Construction/Rehabilitation of Damboa- Askira Uba – Madagali 33KV Line As in the Bidding Document
B20 Fencing of Distribution Substations As in the Bidding Document
B21 Development of Remote Data Acquisition System for Distribution Network Management in selected cities of Ikeja, Kano, Enugu, Jos and Abuja As in the Bidding Document.
CATEGORY C (CONSULTANCY SERVICES)
C1 Engagement of Consultant for ICT Projects As in the Bidding Document.
C2 Human Capital Development For Power Sector As in the Bidding Document.
C3 Compendium of Power Sector Related Laws As in the Bidding Document.
C4 Review/Amendment of Power Sector Laws and Guidelines As in the Bidding Document.
C5 Development of Policy For the Power Sector As in the Bidding Document.
C6 Documents Management System in Power Sector As in the Bidding Document.
C7 Consultancy for the development of LNG Regasification plant and storage facilities for the 215MW Kaduna Power Plant As in the Bidding Document.
2.0 MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS:
Interested Contractors, Suppliers and Service Providers are required to submit the following:
(i.) Certificate of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
(ii.) Tax Clearance Certificate corresponding with the company annual turnover for three years (2014, 2015 & 2016);
(iii.) Evidence of compliance with the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) by inclusion of Certificate of Compliance from the Industrial Training Fund;
(iv.) Evidence of current certificate of compliance with Pension Reforms Act 2004 by inclusion of PENCOM Compliance Clearance Certificate in line with section 16(6)(d)of the Public Procurement Act, 2007;
(v.) Evidence of VAT Registration with TIN Number;
(vi.) Evidence of interim registration of firm on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers with Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) and
(vii.) Evidence of License/ Certification of FMoP/NEMSA for Electrical Contractors and Solar Installers for Corporate/Individual – Category A or B or C (for solar and electrical project only):
2.1 OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
(i.) Comprehensive Company Profile;
(ii.) Technical Qualifications of key personnel (Curriculum Vitae of individual staff who will be assigned to the required services including qualifications, individual experience in handling assignments and attestation available);
(iii.) Evidence of Financial Capability to execute the Projects (Bank Support);
(iv.) Verifiable evidence (Photocopies of letters of awards and completion certificates and interim performance certificates for ongoing projects are subject to verification) of previous experience in similar jobs, at least three (30) in the last five years;
(v.) Annual Audited Account for the last three (3) years (2014, 2015 and 2016);
(vi.) Evidence of Registration with Relevant Professional Bodies;
(vii.) Name, e-mail address and telephone numbers of contact person for the project;
(viii.) A Sworn Affidavit in line with the provision of Part IV, Section 6(f) of PPA 2007 stating that none of the persons connected with the bid process in the procuring entity has any pecuniary interest and that the company is not in receivership of any form of insolvency/bankruptcy nor in debarment and that the company nor any of the Director (s) of the company has been convicted of financial crime; and
(ix.) Any other information that will further enhance the qualification of the company.
3.0 COLLECTION OF TENPER DOCUMENTS;
Tender Documents are obtainable from the office of the Director (Procurement), Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), Power House. 4th Floor, Room 425A, No 14, Zambezi Crescent. Maitama, Abuja upon the presentation of evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fee of ₦20,000.00 (Twenty thousand Naira only). Treasury Receipt can be obtained from the Cash Office Section of Finance & Accounts Department. Federal Ministry of Power. Works and Housing (Power Sector), 1st Floor. Annex III, Phase I, Federal Secretariat Complex, Abuja for each Lot.
4.0 ENQUIRIES ON THE INVITATION
All enquires are to be addressed to, Director, Procurement, Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), Power House, 4th Floor, Room 425A, No 14, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja.
5.0 BID SUBMISSION:
(a.) Completed Technical and Financial Documents (3 Sets of Hard Copy) shall be submitted in Two different sealed tamper proof envelopes and labelled “TECHNICAL BID” and “FINANCIAL BID” and both placed in a third envelope. All the three numbers envelopes should bear the company name at the reverse sides while the “Project Name” and “LOT No” at the Top Right Hand Corner of the Envelope and addressed to: THE SECRETARY, MINISTERIAL TENDERS BOARD (MTB), FEDERAL MINISTRY OF POWER, WORKS AND HOUSING (POWER SECTOR), POWER HOUSE, 4th FLOOR, ROOM 425A, NO 14, ZAMBEZI CRESCENT, MAITAMA, ABUJA on or before 12.00 noon, Wednesday 12th July, 2017 (for Category “A” and “B”).
(b.) The Documents should be deposited in the Tender Box at the Tender Secretariat, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF POWER, WORKS AND HOUSING (POWER SECTOR), POWER HOUSE, 4th FLOOR, ROOM 425A, NO 14, ZAMBEZI CRESCENT, MAITAMA, ABUJA. Closing time for all submissions is on or before 12.00 noon, Wednesday 12th July, 2017 (for Category “A” and “B”). Late submissions shall not be entertained.
(c.) Those applying for Category “C” (Consultancy Services) should note that closing date of submission of EXPRESSION OF INTEREST is Wednesday 14th June, 2017 at 12.00 noon and will be opened (same date) immediately after the closing of submission. The venue of submission and opening remains the same. No payment is required at this stage.
6.0 BID OPENING
Tender Documents (TECHNICAL) are to be opened immediately after the closing of submission at 12.00 noon, on Wednesday 12th July, 2017 in the presence of Bidders and interested Members of the Public at Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), Power House Auditorium, 2nd Floor, No. 14, ZAMBEZI CRESCENT, MAITAMA, ABUJA. All Bidders and/or their representatives, Relevant Professionals and NGOs are invited to witness the public bid opening exercise accordingly. This publication hereby serves as an invitation for the Bid Opening exercise to Professional Bodies and NGOs.
(7.) FURTHER INFORMATION
(a.) Contractors are not permitted to Bid for more than two lots and only technically successful bidders will be invited for the next stage of the bidding process;
(b.) Late submissions will be rejected;
(c.) This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Ministry to appoint any consultant/contractor nor shall it entitle any consultant/contractor submitting documents to claim any indemnity from Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing
(d.) Bids with values of ₦300million and above for works and Bids with values of ₦100million and above for Goods must be accompanied with a 2% Bid Security
(e.) Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector) reserves the right to take final decision on any of the documents received in your proposals;
(f.) No representative or agent should bid for or on behalf of any Firm as the client shall not discuss ordeal with any third party;
(g.) Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector) reserves the right to verify and authenticate any claim by Firms. Prospective Firms should therefore include in their submissions necessary authority for verification;
(h.) Interested Suppliers/Contractors are advised to visit the Ministry’s Notice Board for Specific Procurement Notices for minor value procurement;
(i.) The FMPW&H (Power Sector) also reserves the right to invoke the provision of section 28 of the Public Procurement Act (PPA) 2007, without incurring any liability to the bidder;
(j.) All costs incurred in responding to this advert and prequalifying for the projects shall be borne solely by the bidders; and
(k.) The Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector) shall not enter into any debate or discussion with any party with respect to the rejection of bid not conforming to directives and accompanying documents.
MINISTRY OF MINES AND STEEL DEVELOPMENT
NO 2 LUANDA CRESCENT OFF ADEMOLA ADETOKUNBO CRESCENT, WUSE II, ABUJA
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR Y2017 CAPITAL PROJECTS
The Ministry of Mines and Steel Development hereby invites eligible Suppliers, Contractors and Consultants with relevant experience to tender for the following Y2017 Capital projects:-
LOT A1: Procurement of Field Monitoring Equipment
LOT A2: Procurement of Inspectorate Tools and Equipment for Regulatory functions for Mines Inspectors and Metallurgists LOT A3: Procurement of Mining Safety Protective Kits
LOT B1: Establishment of Safer Mining Technique Centre for Precious and Industrial Metals
LOT B2: Purchase and Installation of ID card Machine
LOT B3: Procurement and Installation of Field and Safety Equipment for Inspectorate Activities
LOT B4: Procurement and Installation of 250KVA Generator
LOT B5: Reclamation Work for Abandoned Mines Site at Barkin Ladi, Plateau State (Pre-qualification only. No tender fee)
4.0 QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
All submissions must be accompanied with the following documents:-
(i.) Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission.
(ii.) Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2014, 2015, 2016)
(iii.) Current Pension Compliance Clearance Certificate from National Pension Commission (PENCOM)
(iv.) Evidence of Compliance Certificate with the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act
(v.) Company’s profile with evidence of previous experience in similar jobs including letters of award and job completion certificates and personnel experience and qualifications
(vi.) Evidence of registration in the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants, and Service providers of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) in respect of current Interim Registration Report (IRR)
(vii.) Evidence of Bank Reference / Financial Capability
(viii.) Company’s registration with relevant professional bodies e.g. COMEG, COREN, etc.
(ix.) Sworn Affidavit to certify that all information provided are true, that the company is not in receivership, insolvent or bankrupt and no officer of the Ministry or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company.
(x.) Evidence of payment of a non- refundable tender fee of ₦15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira only), for each project under Goods and Works
5.0 COLLECTION AND SUBMISSION OFTENDERDOCUMENTS
Interested bidders are to contact their banks and pay the tender fee through the e-Remita platform. Thereafter, the bidders shall collect the tender documents from the office of the Director (Procurement); Block A, Room 207 of the Ministry, upon the presentation of evidence of payment of the tender fee. Completed tender documents (Technical and Financial) in two (2) hard copies are to be submitted in two (2) sealed and separate envelopes clearly marked ORIGINAL & COPY and enclosed in one larger envelope all labelled with the project name and company’s name to the office of the Director (Procurement) Block A, 2nd Floor, Room 207 of the Ministry. Submission of Tender Documents closes by 12noon on Thursday 6th July, 2017.
6.0 BID OPENING
Opening of bids will take place immediately after the close of submission at 12 noon on 6th July, 2017 in the Honourable Minister’s Conference Room, Block B, 1st Floor, Luanda Crescent, Off Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja.
7.0 INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EoI) FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES
The Ministry hereby invites Consultants with relevant experience to indicate their interest in the following Y2017 Capital Projects
LOTC1: Research into Clean Coal Technology and Environment
LOTC2: Stakeholders’ Sensitization Workshops for Sustainable Minerals Development
LOTC3: Research Development and Collaboration with Universities
LOTC4: Conduct of 4th Annual National Steel Summit on Steel Development in Nigeria
LOTC5: Assessment of the Performance of the Metal Sector
LOTC6: Legislative Consultancy to Review and Amend Mining Laws
LOTC7: Training of Technical Personnel on the Operation, Handling and Basic Service of the Metallurgical Testing Equipment
LOTC8: Training on Capacity Building in Mineral Processing Techniques
LOTC9: Provision of Extension Service on Artisanal Mining Techniques to Mining Artisans
LOT C10: Consultancy Services on Mineral Utilization and Value-Chain Gap Analysis on the Metal Industry
LOTC11: Consultancy Services for the Reclamation of High Risk Abandoned Mine Sites at Barkin Ladi, in Barkin L.G. A, Plateau State
LOTC12: Consultancy Services on Survey of Abandoned Mine Sites Nationwide
LOTC13: Production of Reports and Annual Journals on Mines and Mining Activities
LOTC14: Maintenance of Quality, Standards and Safety Control in the Metallurgical and Allied Industries
LOTC15: Formalization of Artisanal Mines and Registration of Private Minerals Buying Centre
7.1 SCOPE OF WORK FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES
(a.) Detailed characterization and evaluation of Coal qualities from different coal fields in Nigeria
(b.) Upgrading or beneficiation of Nigerian coal through dry and wet processes
(c.) Efficiency in Power Generation and Co2 reduction
Identify existing generating technologies, Identify alternative sources fuels that can be co-fired with Nigerian coal to generate power, and examine the cost effectiveness of new technologies
(a.) Organizing Stakeholders Workshops in six (6) geo-political zones of the country
(b.) Production of Investment Promotion brochure, video tapes, newsletters and pamphlets for distribution at workshops
(a.) Formation and activities of six (6) University Research groups in six (6) geo-political zones
(b.) Formation and activities of two (2) Polytechnic Research groups in Southern and Northern parts of the country
(c.) Techno-economic data gathering in 36 states of the Federation and FCT
(d.) Zonal Workshops
(e.) Production of Reports
(a.) Pre-Summit Activities -Analysis of sector’s performance, review of communiques of previous summits, capture the current trends, and develop a Programme of action for the Summit
(b.) Conduct the Summit proper
(c.) Post-Summit Activities –Collation/compilation of syndicate group outcomes, production of conclusions and submit communiques and circulation to stakeholders
(a.) Conduct a review of all Metal Production Plants
(b.) Compile statistics of basic Metals Imports
(c.) Analyse data generated
(d.) Establish input requirement of Nigeria’s market
(a.) Review in-house Round Table Workshop on existing mining laws
(b.) Organise Stakeholders Workshop to agree on necessary changes and revalidation of the changes
(c.) Report on draft reviewed laws
(d.) Draft new laws on the Minerals Sector in line with the Road Map
(a.) Training of 15 Nos staff and 2 Nos supervisors
Training on application and maintenance of available equipment
Industrial exposure outside the office but within Nigeria
Provision of tutorials in hard and soft copies, other materials and certificates
(a.) Training of 15 Nos staff and 2 Nos supervisors
(b.) Procurement of office Equipment
(c.) Provision of consumable and test sample preparation
(a.) To teach and upgrade Miners’ Knowledge on Exploration, Exploitation and processing of Minerals
(a.) Review available geological information on the strategic solid minerals
(b.) Review and assess the current primary activities in the full mining value chain
(c.) Estimate the volumes and quantities produced in each sector
(d.) Conduct high level SWOT analysis for each of the 7 strategic solid mineral resources and others
(e.) Assess the market for the minerals both locally and internationally
(f.) Assess installed capital in the mining operations and identify opportunities to increase production capacities
(g.) Review and collate all industrial linkages and the effects on the economy.
(a.) Engineering Design and Preparation of Working drawings
(b.) Production of Geo-technical Survey Report
(c.) Preparation of Priced Bill of Quantities for tender
(a.) Reconnaissance Survey
(b.) Enumeration Survey
(c.) Data Analysis and Processing
(d.) Report writing
(a.) Conduct of Survey and collection/compilation of minerals and steel statistical data
(b.) Production of sample coloured copies of the Journal
(c.) Provision for Editorial Board
(d.) Technical information on major issues
(f.) Production of specified copies
(a.) Calibration of Metallurgical Equipment to suit purpose
(b.) Installation of application Software
(c.) Training/Certification of Technical Personnel
(d.) Conduct of Stakeholders Sensitization Workshop
(a.) Formalization of Artisanal Scale Miners into Cooperatives
(b.) Preparation of Assessment Report
8.0 QUALIFICATION REOUIREMENTS
Same as 4.0 above except item (x) – Payment of Tender fee
9.0 SUBMISSION OF EoI DOCUMENTS
Expression of Interest (EoI) shall be submitted in two (2) hard copies (ORIGINAL & COPY) and one (1) soft copy for each Lot clearly marked, on or before 12 noon on Tuesday, June 20th 2017 to the office of Director (Procurement), Block A, Room 207 of the Ministry. Opening of the bids will take place immediately after the close of submission at 1.00pm on Tuesday, June 20th 2017, in the Honourable Minister’s Conference Room, Block B, 1st Floor, headquarters. Payment of tender fee will be made after shortlisting of bidders.
(a.) Any bidder whose submission does not strictly adhere to the above Instructions to Tenderers will be disqualified.
(b.) This advertisement does not constitute a commitment or obligation on the part of the Ministry nor does it entitle any person to make any claim whatsoever from the Ministry for having responded to the advertisement.
Ministry of Mines and Steel Development